Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:20:11 AM

Author Topic: Slaved servo motor not following master after stop  (Read 871 times)

Slaved servo motor not following master after stop
« on: May 24, 2019, 04:46:51 PM »
Hi guys, I'm having issues with  the A axis servo which is slaved to the X servo. After starting up both themachine and Mach3 everything works fine and all movements back and forth behave as intended, either through keyboard, joystick or pendant, but after pressing the stop button there is absolutely no movement of the slaved axis A. I have encoders on all 4 servos and was wondering if someone on the forum has ever encountered this sorth of problem. I currently have Mach3 version .43 installed so I don't know if an upgrade of the software rectifies the problem. I haven't updated yet for the reason that I am happy how it's working exept for this problem.
Any recommendations please?
Thanks Marten
Re: Slaved servo motor not following master after stop
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 05:50:35 PM »
You hit STOP during motion ? instead of a controlled Feed hold ?
If so, it will be abrupt and could trip/fault the one drive ... possibly.

What do you do to make it work normally again ?

A little more info will help with the diagnosis.
Russ
Re: Slaved servo motor not following master after stop
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 07:59:51 AM »
Hi Russ, actually I am still finishing it off but this happens when I press home all axis and stop it  somewhere in between before homing. I havent yet tryed it out with ana actual cutting path but I think it's about time I give it a try to see if this could happen. I will also be installing a light sensor across the gantry so as to trigger the e stop when this happens.
When this happens all servo drives are still functioning and no warnings are displayed on the screen, I am not sure if anything shows in the diagnostics screen but I have a look. The only thing to get it running properly is a restart.
Thanks Marten