Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:41:41 PM

Author Topic: Need help with tool offset  (Read 1068 times)

Need help with tool offset
« on: May 27, 2019, 10:46:44 AM »
Hello, I am retrofitting an old masterwood project 309 and I am currently trying to set the tool offsets. My machine has an machine head with alot of tools on it. These tools have a fixed postion so they would need an offset in relation to the master tool. I am using mach4 and an csmio controller.

Could someone help me how to define those x and y offsets in relation to the master tool? If it is even possible.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Need help with tool offset
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 12:55:58 AM »
drill  head or multi spindle?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 12:43:09 PM »
Drill heads,  two spindels and also horizontal drills
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 05:44:30 PM »
as i told you before  ,drill head mange not so simple ,first need create optimizer to chose the correct bit and if need activate more then 1 in one time(like drill line
also need do some more works ,like go down drilll head ,run ...
i didnt use the drill bit as new tool ,i create macro that calculate offset per bit
and its work very good
goodluck
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 05:15:47 AM »
as i told you before  ,drill head mange not so simple ,first need create optimizer to chose the correct bit and if need activate more then 1 in one time(like drill line
also need do some more works ,like go down drilll head ,run ...
i didnt use the drill bit as new tool ,i create macro that calculate offset per bit
and its work very good
goodluck

Thanks for the information. Is it possible for you to share these macro's with me. Maybe i could understand it better that wat and maybe try to replicate Them.

Thanks in advance