Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:10:11 AM

Author Topic: Motors stalling /growling  (Read 13493 times)

Re: Motors stalling /growling
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 04:45:20 AM »
Hi,

Jog may appear Ok because the MACH3 Factory default Jog speed is at 50% (unless it had been changed by user).

True....however this from OP:

in motor tuning I have set my/ steps per, to 1600/ and I have changed my velocity and acceleration to many different numbers

rather suggests that he has tried a range of accel/speed that might have given acceptable results.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2019, 05:17:14 AM »
without any preceise data (Motor Installation, Settings Motortuning, Speed of used G-code ...),
this is all a walk in the dark IMHO.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 08:12:01 AM »
I am using inches and using longs 34 motors and I have checked connections several times. I did change to 50 percent, however it does appear to be faster when running the demo but it could be my imagination. I bought this as a kit and at time didn't know as much about it and as you see still don't know. Maybe it is the computer telling it what to do or maybe a differnent board would be the answer. I understand that without looking at the system its hard to diagnose. I am not giving up just have to rethink, reset, check and try again.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2019, 09:28:54 AM »
you can do quick checks by using the mdi Input line before run gcode

set your x axis Zero

then G1X10 F10
and G1X0 F10 for going back

the you can increase the F value and see when the stalling starts
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2019, 09:34:14 AM »
ok i'll give that a try.
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2019, 08:49:42 PM »
I went into MDI and added the gcodes, it stall very first thing, had to increase the F to 13 but was very slow and still not smooth. that was the best setting I could get.  So went back to motor tuning and again one at a time I could get to run pretty smooth. but when added other motors, they started stalling and growling.  No progress again today. Could it possible that the breakout board is bad??

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2019, 09:43:47 PM »
I went into MDI and added the gcodes, it stall very first thing, had to increase the F to 13 but was very slow and still not smooth. that was the best setting I could get.  So went back to motor tuning and again one at a time I could get to run pretty smooth. but when added other motors, they started stalling and growling.  No progress again today. Could it possible that the breakout board is bad??
1. Please printscreen your Motor tuning page for x-axis. Paste into Paint save as .png format and upload picture here.
2. What Power supply do you have? Please let use know model.

Thanks
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2019, 08:54:41 PM »
here is the motor tuning and power supply.
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2019, 08:55:38 PM »
power supply

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2019, 10:04:35 PM »
@ricky,
1. Are you using a USB or Ethernet external motion controller? If not, you cannot set step pulse and dir pulse to 0 and 0. Try 5 and 5.
2. If your are using metric units the Steps per unit (mm) should likely be around 320steps/mm Try 320 first then run axis calibration (settings tab) to auto correct later when linear motion is getting smooth. If using inches it will be much higher.
3. Set speed to about 1800mm/minute and accel. about 400 as starting point.
3. Your PSU is 350W. is only enough for two stepper motor at the most.

Best regards

Reuel
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 10:13:52 PM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"