Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:30:30 AM

Author Topic: Dust hood  (Read 5397 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Dust hood
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 07:25:28 AM »
Hi Peter,

Assuming you are using the latest plugin version then I doubt the problem is with the ESS plugin (the issue would have come up before), however, it would not do any harm to mention the problem you are having on the Warp9 forum and see if they have any suggestions. https://warp9td.com/index.php/kunena/7-general-discussion

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 07:43:34 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

this problem is there from beginning but I didn't realy have time to solve it till now  ::). Yesterday I've updated mach4 to build 4.2.0.4162 and ESS to 234 build. I will post in warp9 forum, but before I will do another test in friday when I'll be back in my workshop. Also I will do complete uninstall of mach4 and fresh install. Thanks.

Peter

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2019, 03:13:49 PM »
Hi Tweakie,

this problem is there from beginning but I didn't realy have time to solve it till now  ::). Yesterday I've updated mach4 to build 4.2.0.4162 and ESS to 234 build. I will post in warp9 forum, but before I will do another test in friday when I'll be back in my workshop. Also I will do complete uninstall of mach4 and fresh install. Thanks.

Peter

Just note that MACH4 ALSO disables the "CHARGE PUMP" output of the Darwin Parallel port plug-in, exactly the same way as it disables your Custom MACRO output.

That's why I had earlier suggested that you try using m7 and m9 to test.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 01:08:38 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

Peter

Just note that MACH4 ALSO disables the "CHARGE PUMP" output of the Darwin Parallel port plug-in, exactly the same way as it disables your Custom MACRO output.

Ok will try that too. Thanks.

Peter
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2019, 04:38:17 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

Peter

Ok will try that too. Thanks.

Peter

Hi,

yesterday I've tried the m7 and m9 macros and the problem was the same.

Peter
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 11:55:52 AM »
Hi Peter,

Have you opened a log window and logged the event as it happens?  https://warp9td.com/index.php/faq/faq-mach4#LoggingInMachFour

Start logging, start a job (you don't even need to really cut anything) and wait the 1 to 10 minutes for the hood to deactivate (please note the time that it happened at in the log file and tell me.  Wait about 10 seconds and stop the program and stop logging (that makes it really easy to see all the stop event messages happening well AFTER your hood event).   The log file will tell us what happened, so save it and upload it.

It would also be helpful to see your profile too.... https://warp9td.com/index.php/faq/faq-mach4#UploadMachFourProfile

Andy
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 01:42:28 PM »
Thanks Andy. I will try this next time I'll be in my workshop. I will also upload files.

Regards,
Peter
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2019, 01:03:44 AM »
we had exactly same problem with other  break board brand ,they work very hard and update the plugin and the firmware
seems communication  mach3 and 4 not same, and i think you waste yours time solve it
its not at yours hand ,press yours supplier solve it or replace hardware
now after the upgrade pokeys very  very stable(i use 8 relay cards in my machine  ,mean 64 outputs)
and before have exactly same situation as you describe(its very very dangerous ,tool can release while working)
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2019, 07:15:32 AM »
Hi KatzYaakov,

Since I don't receive reports of problems like this, I doubt it is a SmoothStepper issue.  I asked Peter for a log file, which would document what is happening and what is commanding the output change states.  My guess is that he saw the log and was able to fix the issue himself....

Andy
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2019, 07:33:09 AM »
Hi,

sorry for late reply. I've been very bussy so I didn't have time to try to do some more tests. Maybe tonight I'll have some time to run log file. I'll get back as soon as possible. Thanks.

Peter