Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:58:44 PM

Author Topic: Several problems after updating form a much older version  (Read 3211 times)

Several problems after updating form a much older version
« on: August 27, 2007, 07:40:35 PM »
I loaded updates for Mach III mill and now I’m having these problems:
1) When the direction of cutting in the x-axis reverses the feed rate briefly slows then picks back up to normal which leaves burn marks in my wood.
2) The jog speed has slowed down to half or less than before even though it is set at 100%
3) The screen size has been reduced like when you change the screen resolution to a higher setting.
Thanking you in advance.

Brian

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Several problems after updating form a much older version
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 07:57:06 PM »
1) When the direction of cutting in the x-axis reverses the feed rate briefly slows then picks back up to normal which leaves burn marks in my wood
Look in general config and lower your shuttle accel. Try it at .01 and .005. you may need to up your backlash speed as well. To verify your problem, disable backlash comp and try it in the air. Do you still get the pause?

2) The jog speed has slowed down to half or less than before even though it is set at 100%
Hmmmmmmmm, is your motor tuning the same? Have you hit the tab key to see waht it is set at on the MPG screen?

3) The screen size has been reduced like when you change the screen resolution to a higher setting.
Look in general config to see if auto screen enlarge is checked.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 10:46:56 PM »
I also upgraded to version 2.3 of Mach3 from the previous lockdown version and am having the same problem # 1. When the direction of cutting in the x-axis or y-axis reverses, the feed rate briefly decelerates then accelerates back up to normal. Any subsequent move in the same direction is fine and moves normally, but when the direction is reversed the problem re-appears for the first move again. This happens for me while jogging the x and y axis'. The z axis doesn't seem to be affected.

I have noticed there is a newer version 2.42 available so I will see if it fixes the problem.

My axis' ran fine with a version prior to this.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 11:39:11 PM »
Hi again,

Well I upgraded to version 2.42 and still had the problem above. After disabling backlash comp the deceleration problem disappeared. There must be an issue with how the Backlash comp is implemented in the newer versions of Mach3. I will go thru the process to reset it and see what happens.

Kurt