Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 09:46:56 PM

Author Topic: Install in Vista with no drivers (for familiarisation)  (Read 5609 times)

Install in Vista with no drivers (for familiarisation)
« on: June 03, 2007, 05:34:05 AM »
My controller PC will be XP - working fine.

Is there any way to set up a copy on my Vista PC without drivers so I could check out features without starting up my controller PC?

TIA
Jim

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Install in Vista with no drivers (for familiarisation)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:49:05 PM »
I have never played with Vista. You can install Mach without the drivers. When you install it, you are asked if you want to install the drivers. Just uncheck the box and continue with install. It will not act just like it would with drivers installed though. One thing I notice is the Moves are very slow.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 12:16:59 AM »
Thanks Chaoticone
Vista installation didn't ask about the drivers, refused to start after installation.
Don't want to go the the bother of the stuff in the sticky just for playing - enough hassles with Vista without complicating things further.
I'll just play the the XP version on the control PC when it's not controlling.
Thanks
Jim
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 02:51:55 AM »
 I have tried the prescribed method of installing in Vista.  I have one machine running fine which is XP on a milling machine.  Had to buy a new computer for another machine and only Vista was available.  Anyway using the prescribed method the driver test works fine and everything but then the driver is gone.  Start the whole process over and the driver is gone again.  Vista apparently just keeps eating it.  Still cannot get the thing to move the machine.  Any suggestions.  Logitrol system with servos.  My other system is the same with steppers. 

Thanks,
John