Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 08:37:56 AM

Author Topic: Trouble Generating Pocket / Offset  (Read 8954 times)

Re: Trouble Generating Pocket / Offset
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 05:06:45 AM »
Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the latest version (2.48) of Mach3 and installed the packaged version of LazyCam (about dialog indicates 2.47 for in this installation).  I find no change in the behavior of the pocketing or offset functions when applied to c.dxf.

Thank you for the suggestion afn09556!

Thanks,
Chris
Re: Trouble Generating Pocket / Offset
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 09:34:28 PM »
Greetings,

I too downloaded the latest version of Mach3 and installed it, along with the version of LazyCAM that was in it (version 2.47 in version 2.48 of Mach3). Here is what I found: pocketing works well, but offsetting returns crazy results with curves all over the place inside or out - just like I posted earlier. The 2.47 version is an improvement over 2.05 version (aka 2.5 version) which can't pocket or offset properly. Well, I'm back to the good old 2.02 version that is tried and true from July. The pocketing in that version won't go up to the edge of the islands I create. That's o.k. I just offset those and delete them. The only problem I have with it is an occational crop circle. I can deal with that the old fashioned way: G-Code editing in Notepad. I just blow those circles away! Bye-bye crop circles!

Some old code is getting mixed with new code. Those are the most frustrating problems to find. I have no doubt we'll get there. Despite the minor problems, you have a excellent product. So keep up the good work, gentlemen.

Thanks much
Shane