Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:58:57 AM

Author Topic: Unspecified failure message  (Read 13650 times)

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Unspecified failure message
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 03:49:58 AM »
Before you mess about - have a look at the video tutorial on scripting - which tells you how to open these files and amend them with Visual Basic. The necessary files are all in Mach 3 already.

This is not essential - but well worth watching and it will give you some idea of what is happening
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 03:57:55 AM »
Brian - I am getting this fault as well. I didn't get it on Mach 3 Turn, but I am getting it on Mill.

Using the same equipment (my lathe has a milling head) M3 M4 and M5 work perfectly on Turn, but when I ran off a program on Mill yesterday the line M3 S3000 was not accepted when running the program.  The message "Unspecified error line ..." flashed up in a box, followed by a VB script window which was, I think, the M3 window with text DoSpin.

As soon as you close the VB window the program carries on.

I will have another look at it and see if I can be any more specific.

Jim

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 04:29:10 AM »
I ran the program again on this computer - in my study - no problem. I checked the Macros - M3 was empty. I put in the correct script.

Went through to the workshop. I checked the Macros were alright, then ran the same program - no problem at all, which baffles me.
Yesterday it would not run and I had to set the Omron inverter onto manual to get the spindle moving.

The only thing I can think of is - I write the programs in the study, then put them on a memory stick. I have found that I tend to run the program direct from the memory stick instead of putting it in the GCode folder. I just load the program from the memory stick and run it. Could it be that by doing this I am tending to mislead Mach3 as to where the Macro folder is ?? This time I showed it where the Macros were by checking them first from Mach3

It obviously sorts itself out, because it gets all the other Macros.

Jim
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 07:45:26 PM »
Hi All,

I have checked all of the macro files as suggested and they are all clean as a whistle, no visible corrupt or odd looking characters at all.

I completed a milling job yesterday and the error message did not appear at any time from start to finish of 3 hours work.

This is a definite mystery.

Regards

Chrisjh

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 12:50:45 PM »
Perhaps it depends on what day it is !!!!!

Offline GaryB

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 10:57:08 PM »
Went through the script error poping up with the M3 S*********x a month or so ago, Brian thought it was due to me running across the network, after an update the problem stopped and I'm back loading and running my files across the network again. Currently on 2.41 and its runs just fine.
Food for thought!!!!!
Beckwith Decor Products
ArtCam Trainer
Onsrud & Custom CNC tooling Distributor

Wichita/Derby Kansas
http://www.beckwithdecor.com