Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:59:40 PM

Author Topic: "run from here" problem  (Read 47050 times)

Offline jeremyrockjock

•  39 39
  • Why buy what you can build.
    • View Profile
Re: "run from here" problem
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »
I copied it

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »
I have just tried with your xml and it works exactly as I expected and how it should work.

I click the code window and then scroll through the code to the line I want to start from.
I then press Run from Here and the code scrolls through the code and then a message says press Start.
I do that and get the prep move box.
I check the details in that are correct and press OK
The machine moves to safe Z first then X and Y move to position then z lowers.
I then press start and off it goes.

Hood

Offline jeremyrockjock

•  39 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2014, 07:26:44 PM »
Weird. Maybe it is a setting that I have wrong in my sheetcam setup. Do you have a gcode file I can try? I would like to try one that I did not create. Thank you for helping me with this.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2014, 07:27:01 PM »
Hood what you may not be aware of IN plasma when you are doing TOM routines  that may contain certain calls such as G28.1  the Run from here does not work correctly. Never has never will . You can get it to work IF the TOM routine is in MACRO form BUT that also may cause problems with macros that contain Gcode.

Seeing as the XML is from a plasma unit it may have problems with the TOM routine will trying to do a Run From Here .  It is best to use Set Next Line and restart the torch on the fly as you approach the restart position.

Just  a thought, (;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2014, 07:35:24 PM »
Terry I am no expert with plasma as you know, however that was why I also asked for some code along with the xml so that I could see what was going on.  I never got the code so could only run with generic code such as the roadrunner.
You know plasma well so what you say is almost certainly the issue and  jeremyrockjock should be able to confirm if his code does have g28.1 etc
Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2014, 07:36:45 AM »
IN plasma when you are doing TOM routines  that may contain certain calls such as G28.1  the Run from here does not work correctly. Never has never will . You can get it to work IF the TOM routine is in MACRO form BUT that also may cause problems with macros that contain Gcode.

Just for Terry because you said you were bored the other day. Here's your challenge should you decide to accept it. There IS a way to get RFH to work across G28.1/G31 GCODE TOM routines, i.e. WITHOUT putting your TOM in M codes. >:D

Ian

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2014, 08:47:47 PM »
(;-) I worked on that one for well over a year. Without success, well it could be done with a LOT of block deletes statements but that was a PAIN in itself.

But I will review it ONE more time

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:50:55 PM by BR549 »

Offline jeremyrockjock

•  39 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2014, 09:16:34 PM »
Sounds like I am SOL on long runs.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2014, 11:32:57 PM »
No you are not (;-) It is easy enough using Set next line to a few lines before you stopped then get ready to refire the torch when it approaches the spot you stopped at. It works well here, have used it many times to restart mid program without a hitch.

(;-) TP

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2014, 04:50:33 AM »
(;-) I worked on that one for well over a year. Without success, well it could be done with a LOT of block deletes statements but that was a PAIN in itself.

But I will review it ONE more time

(;-) TP

No block deletes needed. ;)