Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:53:21 AM

Author Topic: Request for help  (Read 707 times)

Offline dhelf

•  10 10
    • View Profile
Request for help
« on: July 27, 2019, 06:32:12 PM »
Hello all. I have a tube cutting machine that I have been running with mach3 very successfully. However I am changing it and adding a servo to the rear chuck as well. So there will be 5 axis. X length of tube, Y perpendicular to X, Z torch up/down, A is rotary. I need to slave and axis to "A". In mach3 slave axis must be to x y or z. Other options are to hardware slave or change axis designation. Problem is, the cam software is locked in to the a axis being rotary, and really do not want to edit and change each axis letter from x (or Y) to A every time I make a program. Problem with hardware slaving, is these two chucks are only physically tied together when a tube is loaded. So at start up I need to be able to home each one individually.
I am slowly learning Lua (very slowly) I have 8 custom macros I use in mach3 that I am re writing in lua. Two are done. I am also slowly making a new screen set, it is a very basic screen so has not been to much trouble. While I am sure some day by experimentation and this great forum I can get it all to work, I am a bit under the gun. So my long winded question is does anyone write custom macros or screens? Yes I am willing to pay, and can give the mach3 screen and macros to explain what I need to do. I tried to email a user Poppabear (scott) as I see in his signature he does this line of work but email bounces back?
Thanks
Re: Request for help
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 07:40:57 PM »
Hi,

I tried to email a user Poppabear (scott) as I see in his signature he does this line of work but email bounces back?

It has been several years since Scott so much as posted on the forum. I have no idea of his circumstances but think it wise
to consider him AWOL.

Mach4 offers a great deal of flexibility that Mach3 lacks. For example you can programmatically 'link' and 'unlink' motors
from an axis at will:

Code: [Select]
rc = mc.mcAxisMapMotor(
number mInst,
number axisId,
number motorId)

Description:
Map a motor to an axis.

rc = mc.mcAxisUnmapMotor(
number mInst,
number axisId,
number motor)

Description:
Unmap the motor from the axis.

This I suspect will be very helpful to you to individually home two spindles that are linked mechanically only when a workpiece
is loaded into the machine despite nominally being the same axis.

I am no Lua expert and hesitate to suggest that I have any skill that 'could be paid for', notwithstanding my desire to be paid! :D
Additionally I am the sort of person whom if I can see (or visualize) the hardware I can often come up with logical control
solutions, in absence of knowledge of the physical plant my solutions are poorer.

None-the-less I would be prepared to help. My experience is that when I try to help someone else I learn SO much about
Lua and Mach its dubious that I should not be paying them! 8)

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline dhelf

•  10 10
    • View Profile
Re: Request for help
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »
Thank you for response.
PM sent