Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:35:50 AM

Author Topic: edit Cyclestop in screen  (Read 4844 times)

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Re: edit Cyclestop in screen
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2019, 05:57:42 AM »
Hi
If you look at attached for MACH4, it is possible to use check FEED HOLD to stop Spindle and exiting FEED HOLD restores Spindle.
Now a VFD driver usually has an output relay so that when spindle is spinning that output relay can turn on coolant. So when the spindle stops spinning, the coolant would be off too.

Also in the second attachment, there are already buttons to manually turn off/on coolants too.

I know people like programming, I was an IBM MVS Cobol, CICS programmer long time ago. And I know LUA since more than 10 years ago.

BUT why do things that to me are superfluous yet seemingly so difficult to many?
It could  only put off more hobbyist from buying MACH4.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2019, 06:34:00 AM »
Hi,

don't you get it.....Mach4 is primarily an industrial CNC software solution ideal for OEMs. To be an effective solution
in such a market it MUST be very configurable.

The fact that it is released cheaply under favorable license conditions by NFS for hobby use is a happy circumstance
for hobbyists.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2019, 07:03:26 AM »
Hi
The feed hold did not do what I wanted  though I could have configured that button to do what I want but I wanted the feed hold button to do what it does  as I do use it on occasion the stop button was the only logical choice to program up  though I did consider just adding a new button  this would have been in fact much easier to implement but not what I wanted
I have a few  cnc lathes etc with commercial controllers on them so have seen both sides I have  Mach4  on a commercial  router that I retro fitted   with a PC and tool changer   at least I can make the mach4 do what I want and need  I did look at buying a commercial Controller for the router  a GSK was going to be my choice as I have used these with great success  and like them but the mach4 leaves them in the dust

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2019, 07:58:57 AM »
Hi,

don't you get it.....Mach4 is primarily an industrial CNC software solution ideal for OEMs. To be an effective solution
in such a market it MUST be very configurable.

The fact that it is released cheaply under favorable license conditions by NFS for hobby use is a happy circumstance
for hobbyists.

Craig
Correction:
MACH4 INDUSTRIAL VERSION is VERY CONFIGURABLE.
You can even change or create Gcodes.

MACH4 hobby version is NOT "very configurable".
Yes you can change screens.
YOU cannot change or create G CODES.
NOT all Mcodes are scriptable/configurable  (see attached)
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2019, 08:31:25 AM »
Hi,

MACH4 hobby version is NOT "very configurable".

Absolute rubbish, Mach4Hobby is, excepting MacroB,  indentical to Mach4Industrial.

YOU cannot change or create G CODES

Correct, there is no control software anywhere that allows you to write your own Gcodes.

NOT all Mcodes are scriptable/configurable

m1, m2......you really need to be able to change those....you should take up knitting.

Craig
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 08:45:56 AM by joeaverage »

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2019, 10:13:47 AM »
Haas M00 Stop Program
The M00 code is used to stop a program.
Haas M00 stops the
o   axes
o   spindle
o   turns off the coolant (including Through Spindle Coolant)

Fanuc M00 stops following cnc functions.
o   Motion of all axes
o   Rotation of the spindle
o   Coolant function
o   Further program execution

Weeks of customization in this thread just to make the CYCLESTOP button also do the
M00 command ?

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2019, 11:03:50 AM »
Hi,

Weeks of customization in this thread just to make the CYCLESTOP button also do the
M00 command ?

No, hours or less....if you know what you are doing.

If you favor Hass or Fanuc, and who wouldn't, pay up $20k and you can have one.

Craig
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 11:05:24 AM by joeaverage »
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2019, 07:59:58 PM »
Hi
I think you are missing the point
I did not want to just turn of the coolant
I wanted to do a stop
  turn of the spindle
  Retract the tool to machine zero in Z axis
  turn of the coolant and the air to the mist
 and or the extraction system off
 return machine to X and Y machine zero
 then do a reset of the Gcode
in that order

Why any one would want to write Gcode in the controller is beyond me unless you are doing the simplest of parts or don't have access to a drawing program  and even then   you have the MDI for  set up moves and simple parts any complicated part will need to be done in some thing like Mastercam etc

More than half the professional controllers out there still have to have a usb or serial communications   this way I have  wifi and instant communication

Having used many systems in the real world and had maybe 30 different cnc machines in the last 30 years in my own shop I think Mach4 is the best thing since sliced bread

I am new to Lau  and learning as I go still the time I spent was still maybe 6 hours in total but and I must stress this the help I have received has been fantastic and a reason in itself to  buy and use Mach4 

Well that is it  for this thread  the problem is solved to my satisfaction
Thanks again to all who helped me come to the solution that I wanted
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 08:02:10 PM by Raymondo »

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2019, 08:50:12 PM »
FEEDHOLD is supposed to be the equivalent of the MOO on the screen.

The problem with MACH4 is that it's M0 (M00) command does not include the M9 internally to turn off all the coolants (unless the manual is WRONG) - unlike the M00 of Fanuc and Haas.
From Mach4 manual
"M00 – Mandatory Program Stop: To pause a program at any point specify an M00. All motion will be halted and the spindle stopped. To resume operation press the cycle start button."
Doesn't stop coolants.

And I also pointed out that M00 is among the M codes that USERS are NOT ALLOWED to make changes.

I also pointed out that Hobby users can simply use the VFD drive output relay to turn off and on the coolants making use of the FEEDHOLD options available to do that. So IMO there is no need to change the meaning/function of the [STOP] button.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 09:02:00 PM by reuelt »
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2019, 10:21:50 PM »
Thats fine this is a thread about programming the stop button and that has is already completed and now every thing works as I want which is the only point to this thread
Mach4 does not need a M00 as the are at least a dozen ways to achieve that if that is what you want   to set up your machine