Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:53:40 AM

Author Topic: HELP PLEASE CNC 3020  (Read 27185 times)

Re: HELP PLEASE CNC 3020
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 07:08:31 AM »
get your self a cheap xp pc with a parallel port Laptops go into sleep mode and shouldn`t be used even on high power settings your asking for problems, i picked a small desktop up with xp installed £20 local and installed mach3 and other programs needed for my electronics for cutting circuit boards out, still use a cad program to cut out wood i`m doing a rebuild atm a billings banckert model boat that was a poor quality build
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 04:45:45 AM »
i know its an old tread.Im in same boat as first poster
got cnc from china,pirate software,Im running win 7 32 bit,they told me i can use usb lead?,well it works ok with the other software they sent (cnc controller),but wont work with mach3.do you think it HAS to be connected via parallel port..........even though the cnc software works (but is only a demo version),and doesnt look as good as mach3...should I load XP  ??
help please...........Rod  Perth
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 03:03:07 PM »
rodamo, if yours is like mine (I have a 6040, but it's the same situation), the USB "adapter" included is actually a motion controller.  However, it does not have the Mach3 plugin that is required to use it with this software.  I had to purchase a Mach3 compatible motion controller and the one I went with is the UC100.  It has the plugin for Mach3 and is one of the most feature compatible motion controllers of this type.  There are others as well, but most are replacements to the BOB (Breakout Board) inside the control box and you'll have to do some change out and wiring connections to use them.

There are a lot of opinions which ones are best and while I'm not touting the UC100 as my personal favorite, an external motion controller that plugs in to the 25-pin parallel port on your control box is easiest.

Hope that helps,

Stephen "Highspeed" Kruse
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 06:26:12 PM »
Hi Steve
Thanks,thats very helpful!,I really appreciate you took time to answer,Im sure it will save me a lot of time.....

Cheers

Rod...australia
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 04:36:36 PM »
I know this is an older post. But I also was so stuck getting my Cncest. 3040 running. I had to open the controller box. I found the e-stop switch wiring connectors were not pinched tight enough. fixed that then I had to study the control board. It is a RNR red board with the Eagle on it. It has a usb connector on it. I searched forever and finally found the RNR plugin..got it loaded and set up..Bam finally got my machine working. Found the link at: Build your own cnc Mach 3 interface board. The board is listed for for 79.00 dollars...open up that page and you will find the Motion controller plugin. Hope that helps...took me about a month to figure this out.