Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:48:20 PM

Author Topic: Internet and license  (Read 1759 times)

Internet and license
« on: March 31, 2019, 09:54:53 PM »
The old xp computer had 64 bit system, we have another Xp computer that has 32 bit and no internet, how do we go about getting the license for and installed on the 32 bit computer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ron
Re: Internet and license
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 10:06:27 PM »
Hi,
is the licence for Mach3 or Mach4?

If its for Mach3 just download the licence file on any Internet connected PC, copy the licence file to a thumb drive
and load it into the Mach3 Directory on the target PC.

If its for Mach4 then you need to get the PCID from the target PC. Paste it onto a thumb drive.
On any Internet connected PC supply the PCID to the NFS self managed licence page and wait for the licence file
to be emailed to you, usually a few minutes. Transfer the licence file form the connected PC to the target PC in
the Mach4Hobby/Licenses folder.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 10:24:52 PM »
Thank you Craig so much, I will try it in the morning.
Really appreciate it
Ron
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 10:36:57 PM »
Hi,
no trouble Ron.

In Mach3 each licensed user gets one license file. You could copy it and put that into as many Mach3 PC's as you like.
This has indeed been a problem for NFS, with one pirate license file turning up on thousands of PC's around the globe,
none of which have been paid for.

Mach4 licensing is different. Each PC has a unique PCID, identity code. A Mach4 license is issued for that C only. If you copied
it and stick it in another PC it wont work. If you buy Mach4 you may have up to five actively licensed machines. If one of them
craps out and you buy another PC with a  unique PCID, you go to the NFS website and release the old license from the PCID of
dud PC and get a fresh license for your new PC. You are allowed seven such license transactions in a two year period.
So it pays not to be profligate with them! Still should be plenty flexible enough for a hobby user.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'