Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:48:35 AM

Author Topic: Anilam Crusader 2 retrofit  (Read 5588 times)

Offline markn

•  29 29
    • View Profile
Anilam Crusader 2 retrofit
« on: September 21, 2007, 04:23:30 PM »
Hello All,
I have a question about a retrofit I am attempting to an old 80's vintage Bidgeport with a 3 axis Anilam control. The existing motors are DC servo motors with tachometer feedback to the servo amps, I think the linear glass scale encoders feedback to the Crsader control. I am planning on replacing the amps with Gecko amps and eliminating the tachs and using rotary encoders in their palce to provide feedback to the Gecko amps. I guess I am wondering whether to eliminate the existing linear scales or do I use hook them directly to the PC running Mach 3?

Regards, Mark

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
Re: Anilam Crusader 2 retrofit
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 04:58:52 PM »
If the motors are any reasonable size the Gecko G3x0 drive may just be marginal.

What do the motor data plates say?

What drives are already in the machine?   Analogue input drives can be driven with Mach via the Pixie boards.

Wayne....

Offline markn

•  29 29
    • View Profile
Re: Anilam Crusader 2 retrofit
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 09:18:02 PM »
Hi fdos,
The motors look like 34 frame size motors, they operate on 75VDC, and draw a maximun of 22 amps. The servo drives are cards mounted inside an enclosure, I beleive the drives were built by Anilam. I haven't removed the drives yet, but on first glance I can see a terminal for signal input and a terminal for a tach input.

Mark