Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:37:35 PM

Author Topic: Moves in x direction before step down  (Read 1526 times)

Moves in x direction before step down
« on: March 29, 2019, 03:27:52 PM »
Yesterday all my finished projects involving a step down started moving a small distance in the x direction before each step down. For example, if I am cutting a circle on the CNC machine that is cutting 1 inch deep with four .25 step downs, it will cut the first revolution of circle cut correctly, but it and hits the point to drop the Z level down .25, it first moves over slightly in the x direction before beginning the Z level drop. What could be causing this? It is now affecting all my Gcodes that were working correctly until yesterday.

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Re: Moves in x direction before step down
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 04:07:45 PM »
Could you please upload a gcode file?
I think it may be something to do with tool offset compensation mistake.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 05:48:08 AM »
I may do that. But, why would all Gcodes do this now? I did not change anything on any of them. Could I have accidentally changed  something in Mach 3, by accidentally hitting a button on the keyboard or something like that? If so, what could it possibly be?
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 06:44:41 AM »
Here is one of the gcodes.

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 11:14:01 AM »
Hi
I ran through your uploaded Gcode through a simulator, it is not showing that "it first moves over slightly in the x direction before beginning the Z level drop."

There is nothing wrong with this gcode file except that it your max. feedrate in this program is at 40 inches a minutes.
So check:-
1. If you are using parallel port, try to increase your kernel speed say from 25,000hz to 35,000Hz.
2. Check your x-axis coupling between the stepper and srew-shaft or gear has become loose or broken or not. Re-tighten all the setscrews at the couplings.
3. Redo your motor tuning and calibration making sure that you can run at fast speed without missing steps.

Reuel

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 03:33:50 PM »
Thank you very much reult. But it was none of these. I couldn't believe it..it was a corrupted Solidcam template causing all the problems!!! So please everyone.. if you are getting errors and using Solidcam, check your templates for errors!! I thought there was a ghost in the machine..but it wasn't Casper the Friendly Ghost..it was Frustration, the Bad template!

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 07:06:08 PM »
I rejoice with you.

But I am still wondering why your gcode ran perfectly on my third-party simulator.
There could be some settings within Mach3, that the gcode generated using the old template, that may have caused Mach3 to crack. Did the new template just papered over the crack?

Further checks in Mach3 configs.
Is your Lookahead = 200 lines or just 20 lines?
What are your settings under CV control?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:10:02 PM by reuelt »
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 07:18:25 PM »
Hi,
glad that you have found and corrected the problem.

But I am still wondering why your gcode ran perfectly on my third-party simulator.

When I first read this post I downloaded the Gcode and 'ran' it in Mach4 (my norm) and the code performed normally to
my observation at least.

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'