Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:07:13 AM

Author Topic: Limit switches and PWM for laser  (Read 5585 times)

Limit switches and PWM for laser
« on: March 21, 2019, 06:28:57 PM »
Newbie online.  I have Mach3 running on windows 10 - no problems.  Trying to hookup limit switches to a Prt-E1500W (usb) spindle controller and possibly PWM control for laser.  Ive looked all over the net for answers, but none found. Any ideas?  After days of configuring the setup -- it works pretty as is.  I don't really want to go with a new BOB.  Can I run a different /smaller spindle controller, parallel on the (usb).

Thanks

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Re: Limit switches and PWM for laser
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 07:51:17 PM »
I think you have confused the VFD inverter "PRT-e1500w" with the usb motion controller (& BOB).
You connect limit switches not to "PRT-e1500w" but to the Break Out board (BOB) model of which you have not identified by name.

https://madexp.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/PRT-E1500W-.pdf has good reference information for your "PRT-e1500w". Download that and save for later use.

But until you name your USB motion controller-break out board model, it is impossible to answer your question.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 08:41:33 PM »
reuelt, thanks for the quick reply.  The only thing I can find is that it might be the TX14175.  Only photos of this BOB is for parallel hook-up.  Thanks again

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 01:58:44 AM »
We need definite model #
Perhaps
Unplug the power cable of the control box, open the lid and use your mobile phone camera to take a clear picture or two of the Break Out Board.
Usually the model number of the Break Out Board (BOB) will be engraved somewhere.
Upload the picture to this forum after some resizing and croping if necessary.

Don't change anything yet. Close back the lid and plug the power back on.
From the picture(s) some forum members might be about to suggest how you can connect the limit switches and what PWM adapter board you might need to buy for the laser.

Reuel
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 11:55:40 AM »
Reuel, I have found info on the usb interface card.  Made by Bitsensor,   BSMCE04V USB Board.  Here's the wiring schematic for anyone else that may need it.  This will take care of my needs. See attachment:
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 12:01:21 PM »
Reuel,  I forgot to thank you for all your help.  Still haven't found info on the spindle converter card.

xlrsion
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 12:35:46 PM »
 :) Nice schematic of a typical set-up.
One little part could be corrected for clearer understanding.
Russ

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 03:43:01 PM »
Attached is a doc for BSMCE04V
From the doc, there is a 0-10V analogue output already used (to be used) for VFD spindle.
There is NO MORE PWM output usable for laser
Do you have the 4th Axis?
If not, I think someone in this forum used the output for unused pulse and Dir pins to control a laser.
Search this forum on laser ...
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 12:59:16 PM »
Reuelt, you are right.  I couldn't get any PWM from the spindle hookup for the laser.  Rec'd variable voltage form the AVI connection.  I'll look up the 4th axis hookup.  These machines are definitely not plug n play.  Fairly good learning curve for non electrical types.  I'm finding there is allot of good info and allot of bad info on the web.  Thanks for help.
xlr8sion
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 01:01:27 PM »
Thanks for the correction, I've learned that card maker has gone out of business.

xlr8sion