Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:56:21 PM

Author Topic: wx lua error when lua newfangled solutions plugin is enabled  (Read 1902 times)

Offline gorf23

•  189 189
    • View Profile
wx lua error when lua newfangled solutions plugin is enabled
« on: March 21, 2019, 05:50:58 PM »
if I enable the lua newfangled solutions plugin and boot mach4 I always get a error pop up with a bunch of errors looks like wx lua 3.1.2 error to a path that doesn't seem to exist, and a bunch or errors, if I disable the plugin all is fine...

any thoughts on this?

Gary
Re: wx lua error when lua newfangled solutions plugin is enabled
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 05:36:56 PM »
Hi Gary,
have you updated to a later Mach4 build recently?

The reason I ask is because the latest builds of Mach use Lua 5.3 (cf Lua 5.2 of earlier builds) and maybe that has thrown
a spanner in the works.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline gorf23

•  189 189
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 07:23:13 PM »
yes I have, should I go back to a older ver, think I have one of the newest that's on the ftp site

Thanks gary
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 07:31:57 PM »
Hi,
I downloaded and installed 4095 and haven't encountered any problems so far.

I would be tempted to start a ticket with NFS, at least then they know that there is an issue which they
can incorporate into their work schedule.

Craig

Offline gorf23

•  189 189
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 12:47:11 PM »
I will if I can't figure things out, I have been getting different strange behaviors going on and off lately, I had a probing module that was using gcodexecutewait it was working great dro's would be updating correct no gui lock ups at all, now since I have had the wxlua error when booting mach4, the probe script now will not update the dro's and the gui locks up, I did try an go back to earlier versions of mach4 but same results, I may start from scratch uninstall delete all folders and reinstall. and see if that helps..

thanks gary   

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 06:49:16 PM »
Go into your profile's macros folder and delete, or MOVE someplace else just in case, ALL the *.mcc files, ALL of them. Start Mach4, all *.mcc files will be compiled anew from the *.mcs files, and MAYBE your error goes away. Or not...but this worked for me. Bryanna told me this trick when I had the path error trying 4124. Not sure it was the same error you had as you didn't post the exact error. Must be something with LUA 5.3.

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 07:05:13 PM »
Hi,
I think Tom might be on to it Gary.
In another thread I found this:
http://www.lua.org/manual/5.3/manual.html#8
It makes the point that if your Lua code is compiled under 5.2 but then run in a 5.3 environment bad things happen.
If as Tom suggests delete ALL *.mcc files and force ALL your *.mcs files to be recompiled, but this time under 5.3....

Craig

Offline gorf23

•  189 189
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 08:20:58 PM »
Will look at that also.. i am not sure of the cause yet but got all working again...

first i uninstalled mach4 deleted all directories and reinstalled, but it didn't work exact same problem.. so then i thought i have it on another computer in the garage and tested that and it was working so i copied the complete mach4 folder to usb drive and then copied it over the non working  mach4 on my main computer. and it works fine..

so i have no clue were the problem was. and i expect it would be almost impossible to figure this one out..

gary

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 08:26:57 PM »
Hi Gary,

so i have no clue were the problem was. and i expect it would be almost impossible to figure this one out..

Don't you just hate that.....used to happen in Mach3 all the time, in fact it was that unpredictability that leaned me
to Mach4 in the first place. Still, if its working all is good and the CNC Gods are propitiated!

Craig

Offline gorf23

•  189 189
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 05:58:06 PM »
I am back to the same problem, I now deleted all the *mcc files and  mach4 doesn't seem to compile mcs files if I enable the lua plugin I get the  wx lua error when mach4 boots I assume that disables the lua plugin so the macros are not being compiled..
I have widgets 3.1.2 installed

any new suggestions ?

Gary