Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 08:34:59 AM

Author Topic: Deckel Mach Retrofit  (Read 23843 times)

Re: Deckel Mach Retrofit
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 05:52:46 PM »
Hi Jeff,
You hit the head of the nail in your response.... OK, that is what I was looking for.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.
--Alan
Re: Deckel Mach Retrofit
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 08:28:56 PM »
Alan,
Sorry may past few posts were bad :) I have been working way too much and was off fixing a servo system on a Lathe for a local shop... Now with a little bit more rest I should do a bit better job! ;)

I can see that there is talk about putting out step pulses to "catch up" if the system is not in position. This can not be :( You are sending commands to the Drive telling it that it needs to be at X position and you get a report back that it is only at x-.2. If this is true the PID loop is bad on the drive (we are talking about a servo system in this example) It needs to have a bit more “I” to move the motor into position over time. By telling the Drive to move an other .2 units you are in fact telling the drive and it should be a position X+.2  .This is not the position that you would like to have the motor... The PID loop is still trying to move into position and could jump ahead to the X+.2 position … This would be NO good! You could have two loops working against each other and that would be no fun ;( On the other hand I do think that you should know where the motors are all the time :) .

As for the Linux thing.. If you like it go for it! I had a linux box back in the day and was thinking that I should do it again when I have time… In life if we can't have a good time with what we are doing and learn a bit... It is time to change jobs!

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com