Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:39:16 AM

Author Topic: Edge finding?  (Read 8961 times)

Re: Edge finding?
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 10:26:03 PM »
Hi, Alum (forgive the familiariaty)

Looked at your pic and comments about finding a zero point.  Your problem is because you are looking at your rectangle instead  of looking at the x and y coordinates as being parallel lines.  Even though you indicate an x-coordinate and then move down and over for a y coordinate (or vice-versa), you are only indicating two coordinates (lets call one 4 and the other 6).  The mid point is 5.  You are indicating edges (EDGE FINDER!) not angles.  I am not aware of any instrument that will produce what you are trying to determine with only two inputs.

Maybe it is only I who is totally confused by what you are trying to determine.  Good luck with your hunt and maybe someone with more savvy than I have will be able to help you.

Bob @ BobsShop

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 10:38:41 PM »
I think someone who knows will answer soon.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 03:21:45 AM »
You cannot determine the position of your workpiece with the measurements you have made. There are not enough. I assume on each touch you have an X and Y co-ordinate. To determine the angle, you would have to know at least one other point. If for instance you know where the bottom left hand corner of the piece is, then you can work out the rotation and the adjustment to put it straight.

If you wish to lay the piece on the table in any position, and have the mathmatics work out the bottom left position, then you would need to make one more touch, to determine the angle of the left hand, or bottom side of the piece, From there (if the piece in square and the included angle is 90 o, the you can work out the rest.

Perhaps the easiest way, since you have written the macro, is to run it twice with a different radius. You would then get two points on each side, and the intersection of the two is the place you are looking for.

Jim
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 10:43:30 AM »
You need to set the Zero point first... Then you can set the rotation. The math to find the zero point is not done in the wizard :(

I have not had time to go back and add the math that is needed :(

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 02:19:03 PM »
Hi guys
Thanks for advices. Thats what i was afraid of. Back to school and more studies of visual basic. I will let you know my results(few months later)

Cheers

Aluman

Offline Bodini

•  216 216
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 06:55:01 PM »
See this: http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/MachCustomizeWiki/index.php?title=How_to_get_Data_from_a_Probe

And this: http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum/index.php?topic=2136.0

using this theory, I use a macro that:

finds g54 z
finds g54 x
finds g54 y
finds g55 z of a second spindle
jog to an offsite touch plate
finds x of touch plate
finds y of touch plate
finds z of touch plate

-Nick
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 10:51:50 AM »
Hello Nick
I have used same sources for my simple macros. Does your macro work when you made rotation of coordinates?
If yes, how much for that? :-) It can save much time to me.

Regards Aluman

Offline Bodini

•  216 216
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »
Hi Aluman,

Sorry, I've never had to rotate the Mach coordinate system.

-Nick