Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:41:57 PM

Author Topic: Uninstalling Mach4  (Read 2217 times)

Uninstalling Mach4
« on: January 30, 2019, 08:20:03 AM »
Dear Gentlemen,

I´ve recently built my CNC and was learning how to use MACH4.

On December, I´ve installed the software on my Win10 laptop, the smoothstepper driver and was configuring endstops, travel speed and so on.

Everything seemed to be fine. Today, after a month traveling, I tried to open the application and got a pop up saying

mach4 could not initialize the core instance 0!

After trying to solve the issue for a while, I´ve decided to reinstall the program. So, I went to the FTP page, downloaded the latest version and installed it, as Administrator.

At first, I could notice that no icons were created on my desktop. Therefore, I went to the C:\Mach4Hobby folder and tried to run the wxMach.exe from there. I got a pop up saying that the code execution cannot continue because lua53.dll was not found.

As I think something might have happened during the installation I was looking for the uninstall icon on the same folder but could not find it.

Went to Programs to uninstall it from there but could not find it either on the list of installed program.

Could you guys help me find a solution? The program does not run and I don´t have a way to uninstall it and try again.

Thanks for you help,

Marcus
Re: Uninstalling Mach4
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 11:17:37 AM »
Might be an issue with the latest “developmental” version of the software.  I would try downloading a slightly older version, installing on top of your current version and see if that doesn’t fix the issue.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:42:58 PM »
You can uninstall it by just deleting the C:\Mach4Hobby.  Then reinstall with the official release available on the web page, not a development version.  Development versions are just that, for developers and testers. 

Steve
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 08:10:37 PM »
I saw a message about not being able to initialize the core with rc = -17.  Kaspersky anti-virus has quarantined some of the MACH4 files