Mach Discussion > FAQs

Mach3 Longarm Quilting Machine

(1/2) > >>

schalkvdwesthuizen@gmail.:
Hi,

I'm New to the Mach support Forum and was wondering if someone can maybe assist with some questions.

If automated my quilting machine using a X&Y pulley and using a mach3 breakout board, everything  works fine but I would like to know if the following will be possible.

1.  A command or button to have a needle up/down function

2.  A screen set where you can map your work area and fit your design into that area irrespective of the shape

3.  A command or button to do like a lock stitch before your start sewing so that it will lock in the thread

4.  Can you sync the sewing machine motor (AC) that the motor goes slower and faster as the X&Y moves(or does someone maybe
     know how to  make a easy stitch regulator where you can indicate how many stitches you wont per inc.

Hope that someone will be able to assist.

Thank  you 

TPS:

--- Quote from: schalkvdwesthuizen@gmail. on January 30, 2019, 11:41:22 AM ---1.  A command or button to have a needle up/down function

--- End quote ---

that can be done via a button script or a macro call like M8(cooling on) would be an exaple to Switch an Output

--- Quote from: schalkvdwesthuizen@gmail. on January 30, 2019, 11:41:22 AM ---2.  A screen set where you can map your work area and fit your design into that area irrespective of the shape

--- End quote ---

here i am not realy sure what you exactly mean (may depend on my bad bavarian english)

--- Quote from: schalkvdwesthuizen@gmail. on January 30, 2019, 11:41:22 AM ---3.  A command or button to do like a lock stitch before your start sewing so that it will lock in the thread

--- End quote ---

same as 1. maybe Mist On function can be used for that

--- Quote from: schalkvdwesthuizen@gmail. on January 30, 2019, 11:41:22 AM ---4.  Can you sync the sewing machine motor (AC) that the motor goes slower and faster as the X&Y moves(or does someone maybe
     know how to  make a easy stitch regulator where you can indicate how many stitches you wont per inc.

--- End quote ---

dont know your breakout board, maybe o analog Output (witch is a mirror of the actual feedrate) can do this

so we Need some more informations about your Hardware.

TPS

ZASto:
Mach3 breakout board sounds to me as cheap chinese :)
I'm not sure if it was on this forum or some other one, that someone uses Mach3 for quilting.
Use search, please.

Thank you for your reply.  Im not sure how to do all of this?

About number 2.  say maybe you have a square but its not 100% square can you maybe plot the 4 corners and insert your design into that

Hi, ZASto

I have searched the forum but all dead ends

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version