Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:17:04 PM

Author Topic: Can't get Mach 4 to open in Windows 10, but can in safe mode  (Read 1118 times)

Can't get Mach 4 to open in Windows 10, but can in safe mode
« on: January 26, 2019, 03:45:13 PM »
Hello there, I'm hoping someone can help me out with a problem of opening the Mach4GUI.exe file. About a week ago it all started, not sure if there was an update to Windows 10 or ? First off the computer I'm referring to is a dedicated computer used for my CNC Mill. I have a PMDX 411 SmartBOB that is connected via USB port. I have Mach 4 the latest download. So I only have two programs I added to this computer. Mach 4 and an antivirus software.  I also have downloaded the software for the SmartBOB. After many attempts to figure this problem I decided to reset my computer and reinstalled the programs mentioned earlier. Right after I did reset the computer the Mach 4 program worked well. However this morning I tried to ope the program and got nothing, not even a message. I've tried opening it by the Mach 4 loader app (which Opens), Icon from the desktop, and going to the file in the Mach 4 folder. Nothing! I have though went to safe mode and believe it or not the darn thing opened up. I wasn't able to connect to the mill, but i suspect that is because it was in safe mode. I thought than it was antivirus software, contacted them but was told it wasn't the software causing it to not open. So does anyone know how to resolve this?? Thanks everyone.

Pat
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:47:23 PM by patsgunrepair »
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Can't get Mach 4 to open in Windows 10, but can in safe mode
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 08:03:20 PM »
Craig thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I tried that also without any success. Thanks anyway.

Pat
Re: Can't get Mach 4 to open in Windows 10, but can in safe mode
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 08:10:46 AM »
Hello,

Try disabling your AV software while using Mach4. Unfortunately, those programs can cause a lot of headaches and should not be used with Mach4--especially when controlling your machine.

Best wishes,
Bryanna
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial