Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:25:56 AM

Author Topic: saving the auto tool zero script  (Read 1970 times)

saving the auto tool zero script
« on: January 25, 2019, 09:44:28 PM »
Hi.  WOnder if you can help. 

I set up my zero tool and it all wired in.   Ports and pin sorted. 

I have also sorted out the script file and it runs perfectly when run from the VB script editor.     I press play and it does exactly what its supposed to do.   

Then I click save file.    close mach3 and save fixture. 

Open it up again   and use the auto zero button  in the main page it does not work.     ?  I dont know what im doing wrong. 

It only works from the script box    Its not working in the program.    Its there a way to plant it in there?   

Version R1.83.027

Any help would be great. 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: saving the auto tool zero script
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 01:39:10 AM »
Hi Kendo100,

You really need to be using a more up to date version of Mach3. It can be downloaded and installed over the top of your existing version but initially make a safe backup of your Mach3 folder (just in case any of the settings need to be changed). Version R3.043.062 can be downloaded from this page; https://www.machsupport.com/downloads-updates/main-programs/

Click and Copy your new Auto Tool Zero script then within Mach3 select Operator /  Edit Button Script and click on the flashing Auto Tool Zero button. Delete anything that is already there and Paste in your new script then save the change.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 05:35:49 AM »
Thanks.  Im using the free software that came with the machine.     I did update it from the chinacnc site yesterday.   Still a very old version though, 

Auto zero but not assigned in this one? 

But .  it seems easy enough to load the script  from a file on the desktop and run from there. 

Is there much point paying for the update?  everything seems to work fine apart from the auto zero function button. 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 06:38:28 AM »
Hi Kendo100,

The latest version of Mach3 (linked in my earlier post) can be downloaded and installed free of charge.

Although there is ‘Demo Mode’ for Mach3 it has never been released as a Free Version.
Many Chinese equipment suppliers often supply cracked versions of Mach3 or Pirate Mach3 Licenses to complement their software so boot-leg distribution of the copyright Mach3 software is common place. Artsoft rely on the integrity and honesty of the end users of this Chinese equipment to purchase a genuine Mach3 license if it meets their requirements. However, we should bear in mind that Mach2/3 is now more than 10 years old and development ceased some 5 years ago so it is basically obsolete and it has been replaced by Mach4, which is a far superior product.
Personally, I think that the Mach3 license is good value for money but I am bit of a ‘dinosaur’ who runs 32 bit PC’s that are capable of working with WinXP and I could not manage without the Auto Tool Zero function.

Tweakie.
PEACE