Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 09:10:53 PM

Author Topic: Can't set machine position in script  (Read 3141 times)

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Can't set machine position in script
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2022, 07:29:47 PM »
steve
im agree with you ,but now with abs encoder , i read position ,how can i set it on mach?
****i use with home in position and put the value as offset , but its not very good
for example the axiss always have mistories movment( its not noise ,its small move that comand from mach)

I don't think I fully understand your question.  Maybe you can post a new thread about it? 

Steve
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2022, 07:36:00 PM »
sure
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2022, 09:47:50 PM »
Hi,
as smurph has pointed out that behaviour is set by the motion controller.

The motion controller that is the subject of this thread is the ESS. The ESS reports to Mach a 32 bit integer value corresponding to the machine coordinates.
That value is multiplied by the step/unit value and that is the machine coordinates in native units which in turn populates Machs DROs. To my knowledge
ALL Mach4 ready motion controllers work that way. Thus the ONLY way to change the machines coordinates of Mach is to CHANGE the integer value fed to Mach
from the motion controller.

There is nothing that NFS could or should do about it, its not a Mach4 issue.

In the case of the ESS there are two ways to change the integer value, either by moving that axis OR Homing....no other choices have been made available by Warp9,
and in fact I don't see that its really required either, although OP seems to disagree. The work-around I and Katz have used is to use the HomeInPlace instruction, which
requires no axis movement or Home switch involvement, and HomeOffset. It's adequate.

I note this discussion is being had on the Warp9 forum and Andy is thinking about modifying the ESS code to allow a user to arbitrarily set the machine integer value.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'