Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:12:24 PM

Author Topic: limit switches  (Read 1123 times)

Offline jon b

•  22 22
    • View Profile
limit switches
« on: January 10, 2019, 03:52:55 AM »
Hello i need to find   a reliable source for limit switches in the UK to install on one of my cnc routers . what cable should be used  im led to believe this may be an important factor
regards Jon
measure twice cut once !! so why is my bin always full

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: limit switches
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 04:57:44 AM »
If you are going to be using mechanical switches then my recommendation would be twin screened cable (twin shielded) with the screen (shield) connected to Earth at the controller end only (I use Honeywell microswitches for my limits but everybody perhaps has their own favourites).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:34:51 AM »
This rather depends on what sort of limit switches you want but if you want professional grade equipment rather than no-name Chinesium then I'd go to RS. Although they are first and foremost a trade supplier they handle personal accounts too, and cash sales can be done via the website. Support is very good and as far as switches go, they have enough to sink the titanic. They do their own lines of cables, switches under the RS Pro line, and they are effective and well priced.

Farnell are also very good and sometimes cheaper - Best to check both.

Amazon sometimes do well but don't expect any kind of support, they're ok if you want basic stuff down to a price but I'd rather go somewhere that i can find the same thing a year later if I need to replace anything.

Offline jon b

•  22 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 12:53:33 PM »
Thank you both i have used RS before they are a great company to deal with , and thank you for the heads up on cable choice very helpful
measure twice cut once !! so why is my bin always full