Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:13:06 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Demo only reading 500 lines of code?  (Read 4018 times)

Mach3 Demo only reading 500 lines of code?
« on: December 31, 2018, 11:19:53 AM »
Hi,

I'm having an issue with my tool path not showing up in Mach3 Demo version.  I've read that the Demo version will only read 500 lines of code.  Is this true?  I've purchased some files to use and I would be willing to bet they're over 500 lines of code.  Not sure if I want to invest in the licensed version until I know it can do the job.  Any information on the Demo/Licensed version would be appreciated.  Very frustrated here.  The tutorials on the table site didn't say there was a line limitation on the Demo version.

Thanks,

Beve

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Demo only reading 500 lines of code?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 12:26:10 PM »
that is the Limitation of the demo Version, ho ever.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 12:39:16 PM »
Do you know if we purchase the licensed version if that will solve our display issue?  Is there a line limitation on the licensed version?  We weren't told the demo version has any limitations on lines of code when we downloaded from the Langmuir site.  This is where we purchased our table.  Leaning the hard way and pulling out my hair at the same time.  I'm using Fusion 360 as my post process and there's no errors there.  I do see that my GCode is a lot more than 500 lines.  I just don't want to spend the money on the licensed version if it's not going to solve our problem.  No display in tool path.  I've double clicked, gone in and out and nothing. 

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 01:33:46 PM »
Hi,
in Demo mode Mach3 will load, display and run 500 lines of code. When licenced it will load, display and run up to 10,000,000 lines.

I regularly run PCB isolation routing files of 100,000 lines and don't recall the last time I had a job of less than 500 lines.

I now use Mach4. When Mach4 is in Demo mode there is no line limit but the machine will run for only six minutes before it needs to be
restarted. You could download Mach4 and use the Sim(ulator) motion controller for free and without limit. That would allow you to load and
display files of any size...all for free and without time limit.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 01:56:53 PM »
Thanks so much!  I'm not sure we can run MACH4 with a free simulator you mentioned.  Do you have the Crossfire table from Langmuir?  The table came with it's own motion control dll.  Not sure about all of that but at least we can get a licensed copy and maybe stop pulling our hair out. 

Have a Safe New Years!

Bev
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 02:03:13 PM »
Hi,
no your table and its hardware will not work with Mach4.

What you can do is at least see that the job loads completely and displays completely on your PC. You will not be able to run the job.

If you want to use Mach software you have to buy it......that's normal isn't it? The company you bought your table off don't own Mach3
so they can't give it to you. If you had bought Chinese they would have given you a pirate copy probably and usually riddled full of bugs.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 02:21:54 AM »
If it's any help I have collected together many Gcode files which are less than 500 lines and these can be used for machine testing when using Mach3 in Demo mode.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,18345.msg126486.html#msg126486

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 02:52:38 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE