Mach Discussion > Mach3 under Vista

Mach3 and TB6600 under Win7 cant run motors

(1/3) > >>

mare:
Hi all!
I've started assembling DIY Cnc mill, and I'm stuck with making my stepper motors to run. I'm using mach3 interface board, TB6600 4A drivers, mach 3 software on windows 7 x86.
Board and drivers are wired like this
https://ibb.co/Lv1QQzd
step and direction pins are set as 2,3;4,5;6,7; e-stop is set active low on pin 15 (if matters).
For power supply I'm trying to use 12v from PC power supply.
In device manager I have some Mach3 pulseing engine driver with question mark, but I'm unable to find the right driver to install.
First time I connected mach3 board I heard relay clicked and 2 leds were lighted. and now only lights one, and other lights only when I disconnect LPT cable.
I have tryed with other PCI card and changing address, and I'm getting green led on driver when pressing arrows, but motor just don't want to move.
Is there any idea for helping me?
Thanks.

joeaverage:
Hi,
just to be absolutely clear.....you are using Windows 7 32bit? Double check Control Panel/System.

The parallel port WILL NOT OPERATE wit a 64 bit OS.

Try running DriverTest.exe and post a screen shot of the result. Until you get a decent DriverTest.exe result nothing else will happen....you can fiddle
to your hearts content but without a good DriverTest.exe its all a waste of time.

Craig

mare:
Windows 7 32bit is 100%. I have no PC configuration to install 64bit. Is there any log file of DriverTest that I can attach, or just a screenshot? When I was running it yesterday, on the graph was very little movement. I will post screenshot tonight

mare:
And just to add...a have noticed that steppers are getting very warm after a couple of minutes power supply is being turned ON. And they don't even work!!!... Is there a powering problem maybe? As I sad, I'm trying to use 12V from ATX power supply.

joeaverage:
Hi,

--- Quote ---And just to add...a have noticed that steppers are getting very warm after a couple of minutes power supply is being turned ON
--- End quote ---

No, this is normal, steppers draw current even at idle and do get warm.

--- Quote ---As I sad, I'm trying to use 12V from ATX power supply.
--- End quote ---

This is a joke, at 12V your steppers will stall even at very low speeds. You need a power supply to produce the maximum voltage your stepper drivers can
handle, the TB6600 driver ICs probably only 24V. A gecko 540 will handle 50V. A srandalone Gecko like a G203 or a Leadhshine AM822 can handle 72V and
80V respectively.

Craig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version