Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:01:59 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 under win10  (Read 100190 times)

Re: Mach3 under win10
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2018, 04:07:36 AM »
Dear David, this is what I am getting from the AVI without any mod

That looks like what I'd expect - Looks to be around 44% of your maximum speed setting. Run that into the +ve input for the PWM and run the ACM ground into the negative input for the PWM.

If you move the slider on the Mach3 spindle speed control, the PWM duty cycle should change and get more or less positive.

Keep in mind you can't use that and the potentiometer at the same time - the jumper on the board selects which one you are using. If the pot is working, then the PWM is not - Let me know if it controls the motor speed OK.

David.
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2018, 07:30:21 AM »
the CNC is already working with GRBL. but will convert to Mach, I will report back.... thanks a million
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2018, 04:19:49 PM »
Having finished installing the Mach3 drivers for the RNR Motion card, and tested every aspect of the card now, I thought I'd put in some notes for anyone thinking of this breakout card for Win10 conversion of their mill under Mach3.

This isn't a review. It's just what I learnt from using this card, which seems to offer a cheap alternative to the parallel port as a possible path up to Windows 10.

There are a few cards like this from different manufacturers. All seem to use the same driver for Mach3, and all seem to have similar pinouts. The driver is the RNR Eco Motion v2.0 driver. Some have a few differences, so perhaps there are different drivers also, but generally they seem to be the same from what I could tell. Most sellers seem to include a disk with a copy of the drivers, some chinese manuals and some english manuals, with say different things ( eg, configured completely differently ) however the english drivers and instructions do work.

The card looks like this.

I hope this helps anyone considering using one of these to get around the parallel port limitations in windows 10 to determine if this card meets their requirements. In my opinion, it's greatest weakness is that it only has four generic buffered inputs, and it's biggest strength is that it's cheap and works well, with drivers, manual and even english instructions supplied - or at least they should be.

David.

Greetings everyone!

I am Brazilian and I do not know how to speak English, I am using online translation, I apologize for my bad English.

I have exactly this same board, 30 days ago I installed in my note book the Mach3 version 3.043.066 and used the USB port normally, I just had to make the program run in compatibility mode Windows XP SP3, then my note book had the following configuration: windows 10 home single language updated in version 1709.

The problem came after my windows 10 upgraded from the 1803 version. This occurred on July 14, 2018.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem without having to go back to the 1709 update?
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2018, 06:11:28 PM »
Install this patch to make the mach3 work on this version
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2018, 04:44:52 PM »
Install this patch to make the mach3 work on this version

Thank you
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2019, 10:47:38 AM »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pz_J3lN6rzcu1wAyWTBhY4WOVbChUZio
but I cant get 10v at AVI

I assume that voltage says "10v" - so that's right.

You need to add some throttle to get 10v at AVI...

If you set it up like I said, then click "reset" to enable Mach3... Then click "Spindle CW F5" button on spindle speed, then click in spindle speed and type 12000 and press enter. That should enable the spindle manually, and put 10v out on AVI... Well, 9.5 or something close.

You can also go Function, Calibrate Spindle, Autocal, And as the control ratio increases to 1, you should see the voltage go up over time ( as another test ).

OK, so now how to wire up...

Well, the PWM square wave would be present on the board opto that leads to the AVI circuit, so you could modify the breakout board to reroute that to AVI if you wanted, but put a multimeter across the pot that comes with the spindle driver... Is it 10v? If that's so, then you have all three wires you need on the pot circuit, just run 10v to 10v, the GND side to ACM and the middle leg of the pot is what will go to AVI. Then you don't need an external 10v supply if that's the case.

If that doesn't work and you want to break out the PCM output, I can put up a drawing showing you where to get it from if you like?

David

Hi! I have same board but when i connect wires as abowe the spindle always is spinning. When I turn on spindle it shuts off. With GND and 10V opposed it wont work.

I have this spindle https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Ow4AAOSwuqdaqmDX/s-l640.jpg
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2019, 04:47:47 PM »
Will work mach3 under windows 10 if i update from windows 7 ?
You're using Win10? I guess you don't value your privacy. You really think they gave it away for nothing?