Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:55:40 AM

Author Topic: Hybrid Stepper Setup in M4  (Read 5189 times)

Re: Hybrid Stepper Setup in M4
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2018, 11:13:13 AM »
Stuart it can certainly seem that way but again I have 2 methods to evaluate travel and "BL" is only in the one being driven by the motion controller...the second and far more accurate is directly off the step counter in the drive itself which I can program independently to execute basic motions...I can tell the drive to make continuous 1 step increments if I choose...it's quite useful actually to measure EXACT pitch travel on a ball screw...tell the counter to got to 4000 from zero with a dial indicator...I have 2 axis done that way and they were about .0045 different.

I just did the test again and you can actually HEAR the difference in the cliks ever so slightly and I have a pretty sharp cohort here who agrees...pitch is slightly altered and 9 cliks to motion today...
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2018, 11:17:42 AM »
we just did Y as well and exactly 10 cliks...sound again different...too narrow a margin I'm thinking to be coincidental in actual BL.
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2018, 09:14:38 AM »
ESS via Amazon out for delivery...round 28...ding..ding
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2018, 06:45:10 PM »
Got ESS mounted and powered and set x motor S/D...like a fine Swiss watch...FINALLY...some more tuning and I am at X16 btw...;)
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2018, 07:49:32 PM »
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2018, 12:13:04 AM »
Hi,
kool.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2018, 02:07:12 AM »
Well done glad you have it sorted hope it keeps going like you need

Sorry for me getting it wrong with a mechanical problem
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2018, 08:36:43 AM »
Sorry for me getting it wrong with a mechanical problem

I would definitely say you did not get it wrong...the whole thing was bizarre and now obviously a clock issue we are thinking...scope showed very odd pulse activity...not even sure how it kept 10 counts to any sort of regularity...it bounced all over...ESS is as I said..tick-tock wave form...I wanted to be sure.

I will create a post outlining some of the pluses and minuses I went through here as it was a real nightmare in certain respects it has been very interesting in others...I am not going to bash the Pokeys here but I will say it was a very frustrating couple of weeks actually fighting off several issues in this thing...I will own many of the core foolish expectations but in the end after about 10 minutes with the ESS it was humming around meeting and exceeding...I would say the ESS is quite amazing as are the Lexiums...it's a pretty powerful thing to talk to a motor.

Hi, kool.
Thank you Craig, and again though I am sure you have heard it before, your contributions to the foibles of the weak minded like myself are priceless! Be well!