Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:18:55 PM

Author Topic: Complete circles from nowhere?  (Read 16250 times)

vmax549

Re: Complete circles from nowhere?
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 07:42:11 PM »
When downloaded that file looks like a spline that has beeen exploded in autocad. Hundreds of short segments end to end. (;-) TP

Offline gm276

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 09:02:59 PM »
Vmax,
I would not be surprised.  This file was generated
in DesignCad using a truetype font   and   saved
in vector format. (option in Designcad)
It was then exported to be a DXF file before being
read by LazyCam.
Don B
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 06:04:54 AM »
It may not have been a bug in lasycam. I have never used lasycam but if you imported the file that where your issue is.Autocad and other drawing programs are great for drawing.But arc and ellispes done in these program are allway trouble.Autocad is one of the worsed programs for cam system to use.It not the software but the people that draw with it don't see these issue as they don't machine them generaily. So when they draw they just use poly-lines. There is a command in autocad to change out of polyline. But I don't known what it is as it been years sence I used Autocad. Some like Ger21 would know as he is a Autocad expert
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 06:13:02 AM by Lakeside design »

vmax549

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 10:05:27 AM »
Been using Acad for years never had any trouble with cam issues. You just have to remember that CNC machines tend to think in limited terms. Draw it like you were going to machine it. Make sure that your lines and arcs actually connect( most errors tend to occur here). Never had any trouble with polylines???? Must have been lucky.  Have noticed that the more times you wash the original file through interpetive programs the more that file degrades as far as line quaulity and line interpetation.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 10:09:27 AM by vmax549 »
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2007, 08:49:36 AM »
The problems should be fixed in the next rev (I seem to have fixed them here that is) I also have my first stab at tabbing done ! So you can tell me how that is working as well :)

Should be out at some point Monday

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 06:13:53 AM »
Never had any trouble with polylines????
(;-) TP
Mach does not seem to have any issue with polylines. In some machine polyline will raise hell. If you have look a head. In a Fedal I ran we used to turn it off just so it would be a smooth motion instead of starting and stopping
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 08:09:17 PM »
I had the same problem on a drawing I did with corel draw, when I performed offsets with Lazy cam.  No indication as to where the circles came from.  I just removed the unwanted code.  Strange that in lazy cam there was nothing on the drawing to indicate the unwanted circles.  It wasn't until I pulled it up on mach3 that I saw the problem.

Another trick I was told was to zoom in on the drawing before offsetting.  Not sure why, but it does help in improving the offsets.  I am finding offsetting to be a little frustrating at times.  I am sure there must be a glitch in the program.  Sometimes lazy cam wont offset at all, which is aggravating because you have no indication of why it wont.  So you sit and wonder if its the user or the program.   One day I just kept hitting the offset button over and over.  Then around the 20th or so time, it created an offset.........I did nothing more then just hit the button.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 08:36:38 PM »
I've noticed an interesting occurance with offsetting. If you move the "arrow" showing the direction of cut on a particular chain, to a new spot, it will magically offset with no issues.  :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »
Yes, I have used the "moving the arrown to a new position" will sometimes get the offset to create.  Another trick is to rotate the drawing, do the offset, then rotate back.  Man, what a guy will try when desperate for an offset.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 11:50:59 PM »
Hi, Dave & Jonny

I've had these Cir. from nowhere at times to deal with also, Reorienting, editing them out in Mach after posting.

As far as Tricks and things to try, Someone (Sorry I don't remember who) suggested that after you load your dxf and clean & optimize it, Post it to Mach then, Use the "Mach3Load" Button/feature in LazyCam to retrieve it back from Mach and use it to do all your modifying and then re-post.

I've had some success with doing this with problem drawings, Give it a try.

Thanks, Chip