Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:09:33 PM

Author Topic: am i dong it right  (Read 3059 times)

am i dong it right
« on: August 21, 2007, 07:53:35 PM »
hello folks im back and i am getting close to cutting, its only been a month since i built ths machine and i still have yet to cut.
so here goes.

1. i have a simple wooden hobycnc machine, and after setting up limit and homing switches, my area cutting space is 24" by 9 1/2".
i even drew a line supporting the area that i have to cut in.

so now i can see where i must stay in.

2. so let me see if i got this right, now that i know the space, and i want to use the roadrunner g-code.

3. i load the code and i see it in the window on the right.

4. i know about scaling but how do i know that i have it in my 24" by ( 1/2 area.  and how do i prevent it from hitting a soft limit.
so the question is how do i know that im in my area,  can i see just the area that i have and see the roadrunner in my area.

5.  now this is another problem , im wondering why when i do hit a limit i cannot get out of it other than turning the machine off then hand turning it off the limit.
i use to go to settings and hit the auto override or the other button to release the limit, now it does not work, what ami doing wrong

no pain no gain.....Robert

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: am i dong it right
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 08:23:51 PM »
Robert, Do you see the soft limits lines in your tool path screen? The roadrunner will have to be inside of this box to run the code without hitting the softlimits. Jog your machine to the center of your table, zero your dros, regen tool path. Now jog it to a corner and do the same. SAee how it moves the road runner around on the table?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!