Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:43:11 PM

Author Topic: Mach and dual screen usage  (Read 3441 times)

Mach and dual screen usage
« on: March 27, 2006, 05:06:25 AM »
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker of the forum and a big fan.

After reading a post over at the Zone regarding Dual screen usage I thought I'd give it a go. Not a lot else to do over here with this awful weather we are having.....

So here are the results. I suspect they will leave Benny in a state of turmoil as he plans his next screenset !

On a serious note I'm purely an amateur who purchased Mach 2 after building a home cnc and got hooked. The things I cut are basic but I would think that for the pro's out there a multiple monitor setup would be useful. It's quite cheap to do now.

Imagine having various toolpath views etc.... Ok I'm getting carried away....

I tried the new screen 4 designer and selected a new custom screen of some hideous dimension, basicaly 2560*1024 (i.e a 1280*1024 screen doubled)

Screen4 allowed me to design a screen that would cover both windows.

Finally a test to see if Mach 3 would run dragged over a split monitor and it works fine.

Maybe I just have too much time on my hands :)

Cheers

« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 07:04:51 AM by ynneb »

ynneb

Re: Mach and dual screen usage
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 07:01:02 AM »
No you dont have too much time on your hands at all. This was a very worthwhile experiment. I am sure many Mach users will see this and eventually use this idea. With the huge amount of options mach has, and the limited amount of screen real estate, a dual monitor setup may just be what some of us need. Now we know it can be done, I recon it might be a popular addition to the Mach setup.
Re: Mach and dual screen usage
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 02:45:25 PM »
Hey satiniuk, you still out there?  I just stumbled upon your dual screen in Mach3 post and I'm very interested in how you got Mach3 to display your revised screen across two monitors with the Tool Path window being very large on the second screen.  I'd like to emulate that on my dual 1920 x 1080 monitors.  When I try doing in in Screen 4 I wind up with everything scrunched up on one screen.  Any wisdom you can depart would be very much appreciated.