Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:56:08 PM

Author Topic: Understanding the Wizard structure.  (Read 4106 times)

Understanding the Wizard structure.
« on: September 04, 2008, 03:40:52 AM »
I have been studying the Digitize Wizard to learn how to write my own.  I understand the code section but I am missing some obvious steps:  There are sections of binary code in the beginning and at the end.  Where do they come from and how are the sections linked.  There got to be some obvious help and information available.  Where should I go looking to learn more?  TIA
Bertho
Re: Understanding the Wizard structure.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:26:06 PM »
Where are you seeing any binary code? That should not happen using any of the right tools.

A wizard is simply a screen set, with buttons that do whatever is needed. The screen set is designed and edited with the Screen4 program. The button code is written and edited by opening the screen in Mach, then selecting the Operator menu then Edit Button Script.

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:07:57 PM »
Thanks Ron for taking the time.
I am trying to learn and understand from an example so I opened Digitze.set in a regular text editor.  I see the top section with a mixture of text and binary, the center section with the actual code generating the G-codes and at the end there is another mixed section.

I am obviously missing the big picture and I will look at the Screen4 program you mention.

The “Customize Mach-2” manual discusses the digitizer as an example but it only shows the center section and nothing about the whole procedure.
Have a great weekend,
Bertho

Offline Bodini

•  216 216
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 07:52:21 PM »
".set" files are Screen4 files.  You're interested in the code, i assume.  To see the code, run the wizard in Mach (not Screen4).  When the wizard is open, [pull-down] Operator>Edit button Script.  Then click the button that says "create and load g-code file".  The code will pop up in the 'script editor'.

-Nick
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 05:39:05 AM »
Thanks Nick,
That was the obvious step that I was missing.  I tried too hard and looked at the generated code not using the script editor.
Bertho