Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:42:29 AM

Author Topic: RnR Mtion Card Not Found  (Read 13693 times)

RnR Mtion Card Not Found
« on: March 18, 2019, 01:22:46 PM »
I have been using a Chinese 60/40 cnc with Mach3 for a year without issue until today. On completion of a job, the software bombed and on restarting gave me the following status message after clicking the RESET button, 'RnR Motion Card Not Found'. Any ideas on what might have happened?
Re: RnR Mtion Card Not Found
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 06:43:57 PM »
Hi,
it sounds like Mach can't establish communication with the motion card.

The fact that Mach is looking for it confirms that the RnR card is correctly set as the nominated motion controller.
Further I think if Mach can't find the .dll file which is the plugin for the card it comes up with a different error,
which tends to suggest that the .dll file is found.

One possibility is that the USB connection or its driver is faulty. I believe the USB and drivers are supplied by Windows
not Mach or the RnR plugin. Another possibility is that the RnR plugin is corrupt. Remember that Mach actually
communicates with the plugin and then the plugin communicates to the Windows USB driver.

Do you have a backup copy of the plugin (.dll ) file? If so try substituting it for the potentially corrupt version in
the Mach3/Plugins folder.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 10:34:04 AM »
Hi Craig,

Thank you so much for your swift response. I have reinstalled the .dll plugin with no luck. I have also checked the cable and I assume the USB driver is fine as I can still attach drives, keyboards etc.

Could it be a problem with my CNC controller board? I was experiencing some static on my final job and wonder whether the contoller board may have been damaged.

Thanks for taking time to help!

Mike
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 01:10:33 PM »
Hi,

Could it be a problem with my CNC controller board? I was experiencing some static on my final job and wonder whether the contoller board may have been damaged.

Yes, it is possible, even likely. Those boards are cheap and low quality. Very little is known about them.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 01:34:50 PM »
You are right Craig, very little indeed.
I'm thinking that I should try using the Gecko system, turning a mishap into a chance to improve my situation. Any suggestions on alternative directions?
Mike
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 02:00:59 PM »
Hi,
a Gecko G540 is a parallel port input device whereas your existing board is a USB input external motion controller,
different animal. Unless your PC is Windows 7 32 bit or earlier then a parallel port is not an option.

If you want an external motion controller to replace what you have then I would recommend US or European made.
Just about all of them are Ethernet connected these days as they are very much preferred over USB in CNC use.
The Ethernet SmoothStepper by Warp9 or a UC300 by CNCDrive are worthy boards.

There are plenty of Chinese boards, many of them USB connected, but they don't work at all well, if they work at all
and you will get no help from them if you encounter trouble. Don't go there.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 02:04:59 PM »
Thank you Craig, I'll take a look.

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 03:10:41 PM »
Can you pull the cover off your electronics box (make sure to have mains power of the electronics box unplugged but plug USB cable to another USB port of your computer.
USB ports on computers have individual fuses. But another USB port of the computer may still work.

If no LED of the board is lid, you need to buy another motion card.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 01:41:58 PM »
Thanks for the advise. No issues with the USB inputs. I have ordered a replacement board which should arrive in a week. Fingers crossed.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 08:30:03 AM »
A huge thank you to both of you for your wonderful help. I have just swapped out the motion card and the system is up and running. I seriously appreciate you taking time out of your day to help others.
All the best,
Mike