Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:11:18 PM

Author Topic: A bad case of stupid  (Read 1058 times)

A bad case of stupid
« on: October 15, 2018, 07:59:19 AM »
I’ve been building control panels since I was a kid because I would help my dad build them for his company in our garage. Then I did industrial electric installations for another fifteen years. Ever since I have designed and built control panels for all kinds of machinery. So I know just how important an accurate wiring schematic is.  So what do I do when I build my own CNC machine? I start building and wiring saying to myself I don’t really need a wiring diagram!

Now four years later and I want to add some new capabilites and I am totally confused about how all this stuff works!  I now have almost 5 days of effort cutting wire ties, poking, ringing out wires, and making a wiring diagram.  What a HUGE waste of time this is.  The changes I wanted to make are really simple if you have the correct wiring diagrams.

Broke the rules and I am really getting spanked!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: A bad case of stupid
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:32:07 AM »
I think we have all been there but that is certainly good advice Garry - always stick a wiring diagram to the inside of the cabinet door.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: A bad case of stupid
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 06:49:12 AM »
The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem!

I have been bitten by the same thing. Hopefully I can take the time during my net retrofit/build to document everything properly.

Mike

We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.