Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:44:10 PM

Author Topic: M6 Manual tool Change not recognizing new tool selection  (Read 1260 times)

M6 Manual tool Change not recognizing new tool selection
« on: October 20, 2018, 06:02:08 PM »
Im working on my M6 Macro.  Its a simple one with no automatic touch off.   But it misses the first tool change.  In other words the first T* M6 that it comes across it shows that the tool selected is the same as the tool being used and misses the tool change.  On the second T* M6 it catches it and functions normally.

Im pretty sure ive got something out of order but I cant seem to see it.  Here is a screen shot
Re: M6 Manual tool Change not recognizing new tool selection
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 06:54:00 PM »
Just a little more info.  when I debug, and hold the mouse over my variabls it shows 'nil'

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 01:24:24 AM »
Make sure your the settings in the config dialog are correct.  e.g. T on M6 line is too to use. 

Steve
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 09:00:58 AM »
Make sure your the settings in the config dialog are correct.  e.g. T on M6 line is too to use. 

Steve

AAAnd we're over my head!  Config Dialog is where?  If you mean make sure that Mach 4 is displaying Tool 1 when I select tool 2 and I dont already have tool 2 displayed.  Then yes, its showing a different tool than the tool i am requesting.

Another wierd thing is that mcGetInstance() isnt changing color like the other functions when i type it in and it doesnt show "mcgetinstance" the dialog box as a possible function
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 10:02:44 AM »
Steve is talking about the control configuration.   Where you change settings in the Mach config, inputs, outputs, motor tuning, etc.   There is a tab called "tools".  That is the tab Steve is referring to.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »

Steve
Steve is talking about the control configuration.   Where you change settings in the Mach config, inputs, outputs, motor tuning, etc.   There is a tab called "tools".  That is the tab Steve is referring to.

HOly $h*t you guys are genius!  That was it!.  I didn't even know that was a setting in MAch 4!  I figured precalling a tool was done in the previous line! 

Thanks guys!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 04:11:40 PM »
Yup.  Gotta make sure it is set correctly. 
First time I needed this setting changed Steve helped me out.  I made a Tool Pre Change Macro and had to change this setting.
Glad you got it working!!
Chad Byrd