Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:53:58 AM

Author Topic: Controller and drivers  (Read 14955 times)

Re: Controller and drivers
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2018, 03:09:21 PM »
Hey,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question above. I haven't really programmed the drive. I downloaded the software from dmm-tech.com and tried it to test the drive and ran the Auto-tuning.
That's pretty much it. Is there more programming I should do before proceeding ?

I tried to connect the Step/Dir signals to the drive, but I still get no movement at all.

TJoensen
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2018, 03:56:05 PM »
Hi,
the servo has many different modes in which it can operate. You could for instance have an analogue voltage drive it to a certain speed
or a certain torque.

You require step/direction position control. You will at least have to tell the drive that's whats expected of it.
Does the PC software with which you program the drive not have those options?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2018, 04:24:15 PM »
Hey,

I thought I had set it to Step/Dir, but apparently not. I set it to Step/Dir in the software, and restarted the drive (power off and back on).
Connected it back to ESS, and we have motion now!

Now I just need to tune it.

Thanks for all the help, Craig :)

TJoensen
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2018, 04:29:51 PM »
Hey,

One more question.

In the Motors tab under Control configuration, What do I set all the parameters to there ? (Counts per unit, Velocity Units/Minute, Acceleration Unit/(sec^2) ?

TJoensen
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2018, 05:12:13 PM »
Hi,
those are Mach's motor tuning parameters, they have to be set for your machine.

The steps per unit for instance depends on the pitch of your ballscrews and what gear/belt reduction, if any, between
your servo and the screw. That's all to do with the mechanics of your machine. Without a lot more details I can't
help you.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'