Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:34:31 AM

Author Topic: JP-1635A driver for A axis or rotary  (Read 2127 times)

JP-1635A driver for A axis or rotary
« on: September 29, 2018, 09:33:51 PM »
Hi guys, i need help with this driver , when i turn on control box, red led turn on , no green, meaning its a problem and i can not do nothing with mach3, the 4th axis part no moves. So, how i can turnoff red led and on green led? thanks
Re: JP-1635A driver for A axis or rotary
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 11:35:17 PM »
Hi,
do any of the axes move?

You'll have to tell us more about your machine.
What PC are you using?
What OS is installed, 32 or 64 bit?
Are you using a parallel port or an external motion controller?
What BoB or motion controller are you using?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 11:41:27 PM »
thanks, the red led is on without plug parallel cable to computer, no sense , to plug in yet coz is red, no green , thats the problem. Machines is pc 32 bits , mach3, windows xp, no problem with that its with controller box specific, something there vfd settings, or switches, i changed now on, on, on, 3 switches to obtain 3A, and 16 subdivisions (?), more the better, it change led status to red and green on, when i plug and unplug A axis. Its last thing doing this driver A axis.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 12:04:04 AM »
Hi,
I'm sorry but your reply seems hoplessly confused!

Try answering all the questions...one at a time. I still don't know if you are using a parallel port, I suspect so from your reply,
but I shouldn't have to guess.
You haven't told me anything about your BoB....how about a model and some pictures.

Forget the spindle, the VFD, limits and home switches, until you get the axes to move they are just a distraction.
Current settings and microstepping are going to be important....but not yet. If you can't get the motors to work at all
who cares about microstepping?

Craig
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 08:49:11 AM »
hi, this is what i got: windows xp, 32 bits,mach3 , parallel port, 3 axis x,y,z moving. cnc router 6040z from China i bought in ebay 1 year ago, no guarantee now. JP-1635A is driver only for A axis or rotary axis, this driver has 2 leds 1 red, 1 green, the red is on, the green is off (when i turn on control box, of course). The drivers for x,y,z  have green leds on when i turn on control box (computer off/on).
The problem i have is with driver for 4 axis or Aaxis or rotary axis, is not moving, red led is on all the time (computer on/off), my question is how this driver for A axis can be turn off and green led can turn on all the time? its simple question, but is electronic problem or control box problem? i changed driver a axis, same, i changed board jp-845 , this board has port for 4 axis, parallel , same problem. The control box has a little box inside , is the vfd  inverter, "nowforever",  the only remain for change. This vfd has  al ot of parameters, to control drivers, i dont know about it. I cannot move 4 axis with mach3 coz red led is on, so is not windows xp, is not mach3 program, is this driver , but is new, and jp-845 is new. wht's the problem? i need a guru help me  !!! thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 01:39:13 PM »
Hi,
so the X, Y and Z axes are moving?

If so plug the A axis into one of them (X,Y or Z). That should prove whether the driver is OK.
Try plugging the X axis driver into the A axis port. It should tell you if the control box is producing pulses on the A axis.

Craig