Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:41:24 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 startup problems  (Read 1362 times)

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
Mach3 startup problems
« on: September 28, 2018, 01:00:07 PM »
recently had a computer crash, not smart but did not have backup of my XML configuration so needless to say it's a start over.  I downloaded the new version version R3.043.062 managed to get everything running again with the help of CNCrouterparts.  I now have a few bugs I am not able to get rid of.

startging Mach3 all is normal REF all home all is normal, now I move to the MDI screen to move to a specific spot I am notable to employ any Gcode commands until I hit reset again.  Now once I move if I move back home ref all home again now as normal the machine dro and the work dro does not aggree if I tryt to reset the work dro it will not reset.  If I hit reset button then it will zero and we start all over I am finding to do most anything after I ref all home I  need that reset button a lot.  This just is noty normal from my old configurationn  If anyone can help on this it would be greatly appreciated  I have been working on this for a week now with NO progress

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Mach3 startup problems
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 01:11:01 PM »
if I tryt to reset the work dro it will not reset.

Are you pressing the "Zero" button?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 01:21:22 PM »
once loaded I ref all home then if I move on the MDO screen cannot move without reset.  Once reset hit the buttons to ZERO still cannot move until I reset again then on the mdi screen I am able to put in cords and move  It looks to be something to do with the DRO's matching or not matching it's strange to me

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 09:38:06 PM »
Problem solved not sure I understand why but in any event, my machine used two motors for the Y axis move one of the DRO's 4 was not getting reset at ref all home.  Had to change the slave axis from Y-a to Yb and this solved the problem.  I want you to know I did not solve this problem it was the folks at CNCrouterparts that solvd it with me. gret support any equipment I need will certainly come from them.