Third party software and hardware support forums. > HiCON Motion Controller

Liener scale Feedback

(1/3) > >>

Boots:
I have an Enco 10x54 Mill and have 4 Mitsubishi servo motors and drives  (HF-KE73KW1-s100). I am very interested in Closed Loop using Linear scales. Is it possible to use the linear scales as the feed back? Does it matter which linear scale you use; Optical or Magnetic ? etc. Please explain how to set it up. I am planning to purchasing the 7766 stepper, 7737 and the pendent. What else will we need? 

joeaverage:
Hi,
why? Are the servos not equipped with encoders?

Craig

Boots:
The encoders on the servos are fine. I want to use linear scales as the feedback loop because it will give a true position of the table, backlash, belt moment etc. The encoders feedback is good but does not take into consideration the actual position of the table. I saw in the documentation that you can use liner scales as feed back, is this correct? please show how it would be setup and which linear scales would be compatible - thanks.

joeaverage:
Hi,
yes it is possible and it is done for exactly the reasons you have mentioned. It does complicate the issue in a big way.
The Hicon when the feedback part is enabled will probably do it.

Galill controllers are known for their applicability to these situations, they are expensive.

I use C5 grade ground ballscrews which are accurate to less than 18um over 300mm and a cyclic accuracy of less than 8um.
As a consequence if I know the rotational position (encoder) of the screw I have a fairly accurate notion of where the table is. Most industrial
CNC machinery operates that way with C5 or C3 ballscrews.

Craig

Boots:
Hi Craig,
Thanks for the feed back - "When you say it complicates the issue in a big way" please explain more, I want to know what I am getting in to. Also do you have a block diagram of how it would be connected? I assume the 7766 board to the 7737 to the motors and then linear encoders back to the 7766? - thanks again for responding

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version