Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:59:43 PM

Author Topic: Jog keys  (Read 1481 times)

Jog keys
« on: September 11, 2018, 11:26:50 AM »
I'm running 3.043 under win7 using a touchscreen. I can't see how to change key assignments for jogging. The machine jogs OK in Y direction, but jogs opposite directions on X axis. Under Config|Sysytem hotkeys I'm seeing 37 and 39 as X++ and X--, but I can't see how to edit them. I can select the numbers, but they can't be edited. Please tell me I'm being silly (and better yet tell me what to do next)
Thank you
Re: Jog keys
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 10:20:38 PM »
Click on the X++ button.  A dialogue box will pop up that prompts you to press the X+ arrow key.  This process enters the key number in the box next to the X++ button.  Do the same for X--.
Tom
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 01:18:36 AM »
Thank you very much. I must have done this when I set up the rest of the machine, but I had forgotten how.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »
Hi everyone
I have a G0704 mill that i converted to cnc.
I was running a c10 breakout board the last few years and it finally stopped working,i replaced this board with a cnc6 breakout board. Because I need spindle control thru mach 3
I followed the settings for mach 3 with this board and both X Y axis are working fine, however the z axis only moves in one direction.  I set hot keys for +z and -z   i press + key and Z axis does move in positive direction but whe i press - z  key motor continues to  moves in the positive direction,when it should move in - direction
Anybody have opinions on this?
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 07:51:40 PM »
For starters send a picture of your System Hot Keys Setup screen.
Tom