Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:58:05 AM

Author Topic: Error Triggered  (Read 11287 times)

Error Triggered
« on: March 25, 2009, 11:22:49 AM »
Hallo,
I have a trouble with an error in Mach3. The program get Error Triggered (in blue bar: Error found Art code: 9988 Attempt Recovery?), wait some seconds and go in crash...
This happen, sometimes, when I go in reset (after I machine a work), ionise Mach3, launch SheetCam+modify a file cam, close SheetCam and a Mach3.

Please can you help me to solve this ?

Thanks,

FraT

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Error Triggered
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 12:21:09 PM »
what is the version of Mach you are using? What is the spec of your computer? Have you got a lot of programmes on the computer that may interfere with Mach?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:16:25 PM »
what is the version of Mach you are using? What is the spec of your computer? Have you got a lot of programmes on the computer that may interfere with Mach?
Hood

Hi Hood,
Mach3 is the last version 3.00. PC is a Laptop (Fujitsu Siemens), I downgrade from Vista to XP pro SP3. Other SW are: SheetCam, Illustrator, Corel X3, no other.
Mach3 run with SmoothStepper. The error happen only when I stop and iconize Mach, work with SheetCam and close it, restore Mach..... start the previous work and: SPLASH...... Error Triggered and Mach collapse ! Often I must restart OS to recover full function of Mach.

This Error Triggered with Art code 9988 what means ?  Is it possible that SheetCam override some memory area or DLL of Mach3 ?

Thanks to all....

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »
Really the computer should only be used to control the machine but I know thats not really practical for some people. I am not sure what that Art code is but have asked Art as I suspect he will be the only one that will know but even he might not know LOL
 You may have to shut Mach down while you are woirking with SheetCAM and then once finished restart Mach.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 05:50:45 PM »
Really the computer should only be used to control the machine but I know thats not really practical for some people. I am not sure what that Art code is but have asked Art as I suspect he will be the only one that will know but even he might not know LOL
 You may have to shut Mach down while you are woirking with SheetCAM and then once finished restart Mach.
Hood

Thanks Hood,
yes, I know. Mach3 want a whole PC !!! But is curious that SheetCam have a menu to send Gcode directly to Mach.......... So, if I must close one or other program, this menu is unusable ! I hope that Art will see this post and explain, if possible, this error......

Good life,

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 06:01:47 PM »
OK I understand.
 Art just got back to me, here is what he said
"It means there was a divide by zero in the update loop.. meaning usually macropump or plugin"
" I suspect somethign is timing out in the plugin and dividing by zero at some point when minimised"

Tried a different version of the SS plugin?

Hood
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 10:16:54 AM »
Very helpful i must say.