Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:29:41 PM

Author Topic: ERROR STARTING ENGINE  (Read 3632 times)

ERROR STARTING ENGINE
« on: September 02, 2018, 02:56:12 AM »
Newbie, Windows Vista, Mach3 R3.041 (came with the ebay router I got about 4 years ago- first time running it now  ::)).

Have installed Mach3 and setup using the router configuration sheet. Cannot get any movement out of the parallel port based router. Estop on T-D 3 Axis Contrroller does nothing. Have tried several parallel cables. Have looked at LPT setup in bios and it's the ciorrect address and EPP mode. Thinking about buying a PCI card with another LPT pport.

Have noticed that "error starting engine" is displayed in Status box whenever I restart Mach3. Key to my problem? Have uninstalled and reinstalled Mach3 several times.

Ideas?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: ERROR STARTING ENGINE
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 04:20:04 AM »
Delete you existing Mach3 folder from your C: drive then download and install (as Admin) the Mach3 version from here; http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/
Install the Vista registry patch (the first post in this section explains).
Just to be absolutely sure use a multimeter to check the continuity of your parallel cable - pin1 to pin1, pin2 to pin2, etc. and verify that all pins are connected.
From your Router config sheet set up the Ports and Pins and Motor Tuning etc.

Start with EStop (RESET) and if necessary adjust the Port and Pin config. to get that working first.
Now you can check the motors for movement.

Hope this helps.

PEACE
Re: ERROR STARTING ENGINE
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 03:41:01 AM »
Thanks Tweakie.CNC That has the unit moving!