Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:04:35 PM

Author Topic: Setting up mist control problems  (Read 2762 times)

Setting up mist control problems
« on: August 21, 2018, 08:32:26 AM »
Hi, I am trying to set up a mist control from Mach3, My first breakout board uses pins 2 - 9 for Axis Pul/Dir X,Y,Z and A, P14 as Enable, P1 as PWM P17 to turn spindle on, So installed a second Parallel card so can use Pin #17 for relay to turn a 12volt supply, I have jumper inserted on board.

I cant make any sense out of the control using M7, M8, M9 has no control, but sometimes when computer on 12volts appears as the relay seems to activate..

The only thing I am not happy with is the port address for Port #2 is EC00 - EC07 so entered EC00 in port address in Mach3 which seems to change to 0xec00, has Port #1 has 0x378 and the common address for port #2 is 0x278 I am wondering if this is my problem
but not sure how to change.

I would be most grateful for any help

Regards John

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up mist control problems
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:54:08 AM »
Hi John,

The 0x278 is just a default and you would be right using 0xec00 for Port #2.

In Config. / Ports & Pins / Spindle Setup  -  Enable Flood Mist Relays and set the desired Output#'s for M7 and M8 (1 to 6).
In Config. / Ports & Pins / Output Signals  -  Enable & set the desired Port (2) and Pin Numbers (17) for the Output#'s used above.

Hope this helps,

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 09:56:45 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 11:26:36 AM »
Well I tried using Pin #17 on my original Port and removed 2nd Parrallel card, I managed to get the relay to work BUT, only works with M3, M4, and M5 but thats the spindle control, I cant figure how to use M7, M8 or M9 commands which is the correct Mcode for coolant.

I think from reading other posts that the parallel card I have for the 2nd port is not the correct type I need one that I can access the Port settings.

But apart from that I would be grateful for help in config the correct way in Ports and Pins.

Regards John
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 12:01:49 PM »
I think I answered my own question or by looking at Mach 3 Control tutorial No 4, I should have used "Outputs" and I used "Enable2" so used Outputs 3 and 4 for M7, M8 and M9 know work fine.

Just need to sort the Card problem.

Regards John
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 12:44:41 PM »
Thanks for reply, yeh cooling sorted I will try putting the second Breakout board back and the 2nd parallel board back in and use that Port No that was shown.

Thanks
Regards John
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 10:00:10 AM »
I installed the second Parallel Card again with Port address 0xe880
 Output Signal

Output Pin #1 Enabled Port #2 Pin #17

When I Check / Uncheck Active Low relay operates correctly.

Mist Settings
Port 1 address 0x378

Output Pin #3 Enabled Port #1 Pin #17

When Check/Uncheck Active Low relay operates

Fine so far.

If I then go into Diagnostics click Spindle Toggle both relays operate
Click Mist Toggle just mist relay operates

Similarly
If I select in MIDI ,
M3 Both relays operate
M4 Just the spindle relay
M5 Both off
M7 Mist relay operates
M8 None
M9 Mist Off

So how is it that both relays operate with an M3 or Spindle Toggle, or should they.

Grateful for advise.
Regards John
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 10:09:51 AM »
Update, If I uncheck "Use Spindle Motor Output " the relays are fine but I need spindle motor for PWM control.

Regards John