Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 05:16:24 AM

Author Topic: Problems with Touch button module  (Read 1560 times)

Problems with Touch button module
« on: March 12, 2022, 01:57:06 AM »
I built a 4 axis CNC machine with Mach4 and ESS. Currently I have a problem with the "Touch" function, that is, after choosing one of the many functions available, the machine does not perform any movement and the axes are disabled. The error history shows this:
ESS: Mach4 Enabled
X axis is performing a touch move.

Line 0: Unknown G code used
ERROR: No contact with probe

Also under the Mach4 window appears:
Unload Script Error
Lua: Error while running chunk
C: \ Mach4Hobby \ screenScript.lua: 933: Attempt to index anil value (global 'Tframe')
stack traceback:
C: \ Mach4Hobby \ screenScript.lua: 933: in function 'Mach_Screen_Unload_Script'
Correct the script and restart.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
Re: Problems with Touch button module
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 07:41:41 PM »
Hi,
if a g31 probing move is made and the probe DOES NOT report a contact BEFORE the terminal position in the move then the ESS regards that as a fault and will stop Mach.
Thereafter if Mach tries to reference the number reflecting the probe contact position, it will fail because NO contact position was reported. Likewise when Mach goes to shut down
it will report an error because it went to store a number but that number has never been populated.

You need to recheck and double check your probe circuit. Does the Probe Contact LED light up on probe contact?

You can alter the ESS's behaviour in response to a non-contact fault in Configure/Plugins/ESSvs nnn/Probing......uncheck item 2.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 07:17:53 PM »
Hi Craig, thank you for your reply, as already explained if I activate the probe during a movement with G31 the axis stops promptly, furthermore by activating the probe (0) in the diagnostics area, the corresponding LED lights up.
The problem I encounter when I use the functions in the "TouchOff UI" section.
Pressing any function key does not make any movement but after about 1 or 2 seconds the errors described above are emitted.
I unchecked in section 2 of "Probing" in the ESS, but nothing has changed.
Do you have any other suggestions for me?
Thanks for your answer.

Carlo
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 07:24:45 PM »
Hi,
in the Touch-Off module many of the g1 moves are actually coded as g31 moves.

The idea is that if you need the probe tip to move to a specific location prior to the genuine g31 probe move that it makes sense to use g31 rather than g1. Thus
if the probe accidentally makes contact with the workpiece it will stop, whereas a g1 would just carry on an crunch the probe.

The program therefore contains g31 moves which are never intended to have a contact event, and the default behaviour of the ESS is to fault on a non contact situation.
Use the feature I told you about.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 06:16:02 PM »
Hi Craig,
unfortunately I continue to have the same problem. Even after removing the tick in group 2 of the "probing" section of ESS, every time I press on any Touch function, no axis moves and the same alarms I showed at the beginning of the post appear. Now I have to decide if I should give up this handy feature or if I need to waste some more time getting it to work.
Are there any other tips available?
Need more information?

I'm waiting for help

Carlo