Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:38:12 PM

Author Topic: work zero in mach 4  (Read 9835 times)

Re: work zero in mach 4
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2018, 05:44:22 PM »
well i changed over the screen set and found the reverse check box in the motors config. Tried to reverse z axis ,it changed nothing, still backwards  as before. There is no diagnostic tab now.

Ken
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2018, 05:49:57 PM »
Yeah, the router screen for some reason doesn't have a diagnostics tab.   I did notice you are using the UC100 motion controller.   I don't use those so, like Stuart (I think)  mentioned earlier in this thread, you may have to go into the pin config and reverse the pin high/low from the plugin.

Also, I just noticed that Artsoft put a video on YouTube about work offsets, maybe Bryanna saw this thread lol.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2018, 06:13:21 PM »
Hi Ken,
open Mach4 and use the view tab and select wx4.set.

This is a better screen set, it has all the features and will do everything and more of your current screen set.
If you like it just close Mach and your profile will be updated to use it instead. Easy.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2018, 06:13:44 PM »
Well  I hope if she did it was tasteful  LOL.

Ok now here comes the rub, i went through the setup again and changed the pin to low and all seems to work ok. Not to excited but anxious to move on to the next item. Machine works into the wood now.

THANKS TO ALL

Ken the Dummie got educated again!!
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2018, 06:20:25 PM »
Craig is the pitcher , here comes the ball and swing another home run in the same game.

Excellent suggestion and thank you all. i just might win this game.

Ken
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2018, 12:59:15 AM »
why not use the G54   G55 ...?
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2018, 01:25:17 PM »
KatzYaakov,
This thread was about how to set work zero.  G54, G55, etc... are work coordinate offsets of which you can set a work zero in.  
Ken was wondering the difference between WCS and Machine Coordinates and then ran into other issues with his machine setup.
G54 - G59 is something Ken can learn about now.  Having multiple work offsets is very useful when running more than one operation.

Chad Byrd
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2018, 02:32:59 PM »

I have been in and out the past few weeks and will getting into the discussions soon. Learned a bunch of things along the way.

Ken
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2018, 05:32:18 PM »
OK here we are again. I am having some great success, now i have some more questions. Why does my gcode load and use only the top right corner of my work envelope. No matter how i change the drawing before generate the code it still loads top right. Offsets are set, code will run with everything cramed in that corner. Regenerated tool path and same thing?????

Ken
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2018, 05:36:12 PM »
OK i guess i forgot how to post to. Work 0 is fine . My gcode loads into top right of work envelope and don't know how to change it. Everything gets cramed in there. Re-gen tool path doesn't help.

Ken