Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:48:44 AM

Author Topic: setting up mach 4 demo  (Read 1644 times)

setting up mach 4 demo
« on: July 12, 2018, 12:47:43 PM »
Does anyone have the time to walk a DUMMY through the STEP BY STEP setup of Mach4 Demo or a site i can go to to find this info.. some of you have responded to my questions which i greatly appreciate! There always seems to be another term that comes that has several different names and here i go in another direction. We are not all as savoy as some of you think we are. Everyone starts somewhere. I plowed through mach 3 demo and decided if i am going to buy i should buy the latest greater version only being a little more cost .
Here i am with Mach 4 demo and it is very different to set up. Motion controller, Mapping, ETC. Nothing carried over as far as settings

All i need is a 1,2,3 step by step verbal video or pdf to instruct me on how to set it all up, I want to start doing things.
ArtSoft has a video tutorial fine, none of the screens and check boxes resemble the Demo screen that i have so that right there gets me off to a bad start and not very far before i am totally lost again.

Ken   ???????
Re: setting up mach 4 demo
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 12:55:52 PM »
Hi,
when you start Mach4 it will ask what profile to use. Have you set up an individual profile, you can copy one of the standard
ones.  I suspect that the screen you are seeing is wxMach.exe whereas the 'good stuff' is wxMachGUI.

Can you post a screen shot of the screen you see?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 02:53:44 PM »
Where would i find one of these standard ones that you speak of?

Ken
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 08:00:16 PM »
Hi,
when you open Mach a little screen opens with the available profiles including names like
MachMill etc. MachMill is one of the standard profiles supplied.

When you get to that screen make a new profile by hitting <Copy>. It will then ask which profile to copy,
choose one that looks suitable to you. It may well ask you to nominate a screen set as well, choose wx4.set.
Name the profile something unique like lumberMill or similar.

Once Mach opens but before you enable it go to Configure/Control (also called Mach in earlier builds)/Select Motion Device
and select the Sim(ulator) plugin. This is just for a while, eventually you'll want to have the UC100 plugin as active, but Sim
will do to start with. You'll have to restart Mach to get it to stick.

Let us know how you get on.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:20:06 AM »
OK, do i restart under the profile name i created  or  under mach 4 router profile{the one i copied}.

Ken
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 04:32:22 PM »
Hi Ken,
restart under your profile. Given that its a copy either would work but you are going to modify your profile for your circumstances and so want your
own. Additionally when, in a few months time, you download the latest build of Mach4 it will include a new copy of Mach4Router and overwrite the
original. If you were using it all your personal settings would be lost.

Each profile uses a screen set, I think Mach4Router uses wx4.set. Over a period of time you will modify the screen set as well and you should have
a personalized copy of that too for the same reasons. To start with its not really a concern. I suggest leave that for a later date, once you get around
to making your own screen tweaks it will make a lot more sense anyway.

Once you have opened Mach under you profile go to Configure/Control/Plugins and enable all the useful looking plugins. I use the Ethernet SmoothStepper
and naturally its in my list of available plugins whereas your list will have an entry relating to the UC100 plugin.

Now you have a choice. If you wish to use Mach4 on your PC but WITHOUT hooking up your router then carry on with the Sim(ulator) plugin,
it will run without limit. If you wish to hook your machine up you will have to select the UC100 as the active motion device. Thereafter Mach will
run for six minutes before needing reset until you licence it.

To select the UC100 go to Configure/Select Motion Device and check the UC100. You'll need to restart to have Mach read your new setting.

You can now go to Configure/Plugins/UC100 and set up your UC100 for your machine. As I don't have one I will not be able to help much
with that part.

Craig

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 07:54:30 PM »
Thanks Craig!!
I think i have got it right. I will let you know. Now i need to configure all of the other topics limit switches, motors, mapping, etc which the terminology is a little different from m3.

Maybe there is someone out there that can walk me through just as you did{I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT}

I think i have the uc100 setup correctly, might as well jump right in.

Thanks,
I will keep you updated

KEN