Tangent Corner > Tangent Corner

Always check the deals.

(1/1)

Tweakie.CNC:
Why is nothing ever quite what it seems ?

Last year, my greater than 37Mb/s Fibre Broadband was costing me £35.00/month – that seemed like a good deal, until I checked the price comparison websites and found that ‘brand new customers’ could have the same package for £27.50/month. My contract term had expired so I renewed my contract at the new price of £27.50 (my service provider had, perhaps foolishly, made the promise of always allowing existing customers, under an 18 month contract, to sign up to the best deals on offer) so, feeling pretty smug I was devastated to spot another internet offer, one month later, of the same package for £25.00/month. Having signed up to that, today I found the same package for £22.50/month. They never tell you there is a better offer, it is always up to the customer to discover it.
If this is the way the price structure keeps going, by this time next year they will be paying me to have the fiber broadband connection. ;D

Incidentally it is exactly the same story with my insurance premiums, phone contracts, etc. :'(

Obviously I am getting old but wtf is going on with fair and honest trading and advertising these days ?

Tweakie.

joeaverage:
Hi  Tweakie,

--- Quote ---Obviously I am getting old but wtf is going on with fair and honest trading and advertising these days ?

--- End quote ---
I'm getting old too, and increasingly cynical....was there ever a time of honest trading and advertising?

Craig

Tweakie.CNC:
Hi Craig,

I guess you're right, it has always been buyer beware but I just seem to notice more scams nowadays.  ;D

Tweakie.

joeaverage:
Hi Tweakie,
yes I agree scams seem to be on the increase.....whether that's a statistical fact or just an observation of an increasingly jaded consumer
is a moot point.

Another feature of todays market is the willingness of consumers to buy on the basis of advertising hype and THEN moan, whinge, threaten,
and blame EVERYONE else about the shortcomings of the product. Hobby CNC products are a case in point.

Craig

Chaoticone:
Not sure if I pay closer attention now or if it really has changed that much over the last 20 years but it sure seems most are in a race to the bottom.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version