Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:00:06 AM

Author Topic: Password Protected Pages  (Read 3808 times)

Password Protected Pages
« on: June 29, 2018, 10:25:15 AM »
Is it possible to add a password to Mach3 screens? I am installing a router for a company for production. I would like to have where they can adjust feedrate and simple things on one screen but to do anything advanced like editing the G-Code they would have to call me and it be password protected. If this is possible please let me know.
Re: Password Protected Pages
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 04:05:52 PM »
Hi,
if you want a software solution for business purposes you should be using Mach4. It ability to be customized far far exceeds Mach3.

Having said that I'm not aware that Mach , 3 or 4, has that kind of password protection.

The solution I'm thinking that may be applicable to you is to use Mach4 to write another screen, but with only those components you want your customer
to access but have another fullblown screen that share the same .ini file.

I noticed in another of your posts that you asked the nature of Mach3, Visual C++. I don't think you will ever get the source. In any event the source code had
become very unwieldy and that was the reason that Mach4 was written.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 10:06:23 AM »
You can create password  protection "indirectly" for a  Mach3 screenset.
You will need to create a custom screen set and create custom scripting to accomplish it.
Nothing is bullet proof.

Not sure where I have put that info in my storage vaults.

RICH

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 11:57:11 AM »
All you really would need to do is have the buttons that open the protected function pages use a script that asks for the password, before it opens the page.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 11:02:55 AM »
What i ended up doing is adding a encrypted folder with the computer and having 2 screen sets for the router. 1 for the operator that has very limited ability and one for us to maintenance the router that is in the encrypted folder.