Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:31:19 PM

Author Topic: PoKEYs 57e, joystick axis want stop moving in MACH 4 unless you move it again  (Read 1271 times)

pokeys 57e, warp9 ess, mach 4

i have a arcade joystick which is only limit switches under the plastic joystick,.. one limit switch is used per each axis,...,...
   i got 4 pins, one for each axis coming out of pokeys 57e, say pin #/axis name  ( 49/ X+) ( 50 /X-)  (  51/ Y+)  (  52/ Y- ) 
then the neg coming outa pokeys daisy chains to all axis's on joystick,...once any pin hits neg it moves in that direction but once it starts moving in said direction you let joystick go back to center the axis keeps moving til you hit it  again,...
 in other words as soon as it sees neg it starts  moving  until it sees neg again...? what setting do i have wrong..? i want it to only work as long as neg is going to it an once it looses neg i want it to stop.... thats not hapenning... right now  it doesnt have to have ground to keep moving you just start it with ground then it starts  until it sees ground again then it will stop,... im guessing its a setting thats wrong or i picked the wrong way to jog in pokeys or mach,....im using jog input signals under mach4 control config. and using pokeys mapping digital input to send to mach4......

ideas as to what is wrong?
i fixed it
take a guess, an lets see whos smart...
if it's anything like Mach3's command set you'll have a couple of possible jog commands; one starts the axis running and lets it run until it is stopped, one is a jog-while-held command. You had the wrong one?